4.0 L block numbers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.0 L block numbers

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 03-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Troggladte
1984 CJ7 

4.0 L block numbers

Hello, I have a 1984 Jeep Cj7, when i bought it i was told they installed a 1991 engine in it, it has all the smog and emissions removed and a carter carb installed. I found the (i believe ) casting number on the block just forward of the dist. of 802c10. but cant find anyting on that number. I havent checked the head casting number yet. In the process of upgrading intake carb, header and cam. Question is can i identify engine with this number or do i need to get head casting number.

Troggladte is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.