4.0 HO Valve cover... replace? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.0 HO Valve cover... replace?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-30-2004, 08:55 AM   #1
SixStringer

4.0 HO Valve cover... replace?

I got my XJ back in September and there seemed to be some gunk built up around the bottom of the valve cover. It was cold out all winter so I didnt get to mess with it, but I was looking at it yesterday and it seemed to be a little bit worse. I looked at the air filter and there was a few drops of oil in there. I know thats a common problem on the 4.0 and I know how to fix it, but with all of it around the bottom of the valve cover do you guys think that I would need to swap that out? Or just the gasket?

Any input is appreciated.

Factory Offroad Package
SixStringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

No need to replace it unless it is cracked for some reason. Take it off, clean it really well, and then either use a gasket or the silicone gasket maker stuff to reseal it.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2004, 10:32 PM   #3
ZmOz

Yeah, just take it off and clean the hell out of it. You might want to paint it a pretty color while you're at it...
ZmOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.