4.0 to 4.0 HO Swap Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.0 to 4.0 HO Swap Help!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-26-2001, 10:04 PM   #1
JeepMe

4.0 to 4.0 HO Swap Help!

My 89 4.0 has a nock and the mechanic says he's sure its from a piston. So Im thinking since I can pick up a low milage 4.0 HO long block for around 500 what changes do I need to do? One person I talked with did not think that the intake/ exhaust were the same if this is the case can a 4.0 HO short block be used with a regular 4.0 head?
Thanks for the help

JeepMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2001, 10:07 AM   #2
Brendan

first off dude, if you have an 89 YJ with the stock motor, then you have a 4.2 L engine that has a carb. I don't know anything about the 4.0 vs 4.0 HO, they might be the same thing for aLL I know. If you have the 4.2 the swap to a 4.0 EFI head would be a great swap. Good luck

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.