350 modifications - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 350 modifications

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 08-28-2002, 08:09 PM   #1
lXl Rebel Wrangler lXl

350 modifications

After i put in the chevy 350 engine in my 90 YJ, what mods can i do to it?...My machanic said id have to get a custom exhaust for it made by a local shop...is this true?

whats can i do after the engine?

- headers?
- some sort of intake?
- chip?
- exhaust?

Do i need to switch my gears when i get this engine?

What do u guys know abdout the MSD Ignition??
- How well* does it work?..and whats the best?

Unread 08-29-2002, 11:29 PM   #2
BeJay1981

350 in a Jeep, this is what I like to hear! I'm new to the Jeep thing, been building Chevy small blocks since I was a kid! What year is the motor? Fuel Injected or carb?
The exhaust question... Yes you will need to have an exhaust system made. As for the headers, i would look into a set of "Street rod" block hugger headers, the take away A LOT of clearance problems when doing swaps like these.
4 Hella 500's on the rack.
PowerTrax No-Slip
JKS quicker disconnects
Moabs w/ 31inch MTR's
BeJay1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2002, 04:11 AM   #3
YellowX
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Poke around here for some parts information. An Edelbrock Performer package would wake that 350 up nicely.

JAFGJ
YellowX is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.