350 Engine mount question - which one? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 350 Engine mount question - which one?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
bods7
1983 CJ7 

350 Engine mount question - which one?

My 83 CJ-7 has had the Chevy 350 crate motor for 12 years. I got in accident and need to replace motor mounts. I can't remember the manufacturer from all that time ago. I bought new motor mounts but they are not the same as my current mounts. I can't use new mounts because they move the motor back and I do not have any room to spare on my firewall. It will his the distributor cap if it goes back any further
Hopefull attached is a photo of the same side mount, old and new. You will see where the mount bolts to engine and where the corresponding mount to the frame is in different location.

I think I may need Advanced adapters 713088 kit but do not want to buy another mount kit until I know it is correct.

Has anyone had this issue?
Does anyone have pictures of 713088 kit so I can take a see what I am buying?

Thank you
Ryan

mt1.jpg  
bods7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
bods7
1983 CJ7 

Engine mount - Brand?

Anyone seen a Conversion motor mount that looks like this one. The one on the left in the picture.

I just need to know the brand to buy another set. This is holding up getting my Jeep back on the road!!!
bods7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

I have never seen one like that, all of them I have seen were like picture on the right. Another option would be to have a welding or fab shop make them or DIY. It shouldn't be too costly to have that done.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.