2JZ XJ Build Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2JZ XJ Build Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
FLGrownXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

2JZ XJ Build Help

So I was looking around for some Xj parts when I came across a 2jz in absolutely perfect condiition, I bought the motor and brought it home to put in on my engine stand my garage. I contacted this 2jz guru and hes giving me advice on what to upgrade and what turbos to slap on also with ECU. Since I have an elready built 4.0 i6 I still need moar power! So does anyone know a good automatic trans that could bolt to a 2jz and fit somewhat in a 2000 auto Xj with some fabriciation. I probably going to built this motor up first then worry about my diff exploding and driveshaft ripping apart with the torque numbers i get. If anyone has any advice on anything like engine mounts to using the xj stock a/c unit on a 2jz please let me know, thank you!

get-attachment-1-.jpg

FLGrownXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
FLGrownXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

and yes this engine has compression on all cylinders and ill be sending the block to a machine shop and buying a turbo head. Ill post this on the build threads once i actually get started and get all the info I need
FLGrownXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.