258 valve cover hardware help - JeepForum.com
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-04-2004, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Go Tigers!
Baloo's Avatar
1982 CJ7 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 324
258 valve cover hardware help

I've got a '82 258 with the plastic valve cover. I am going to put a new plastic valve cover on it next weekend. My question is, were do you get the washer/spacer thingies that go on the studs? I am missing one and I do not want to use a stack of regular washers when I put the new cover on. Are they a generic item that can be found a local parts store, or are the found specifically on 258's? Where do I get one?



1982 CJ-7
4.5" RE 35" X's

Blue Jeep Club Member #1
Baloo is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 04-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Silver yj
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 577
If you are talking about the torque spacers then you should beable to find them at the local parts store.I would take one with you to compare.
Silver yj is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
4.2L Valve cover on 4.0L? SierraDave Engines & Drivetrain 3 06-30-2008 07:04 PM
Valve cover gasket - 4.0 L SixStringer Engines & Drivetrain 2 10-06-2004 06:24 AM
Valve Cover my1stjeep Engines & Drivetrain 3 06-22-2003 10:04 PM
valve cover ? rustyCJ Engines & Drivetrain 6 10-25-2002 11:26 AM
What valve cover do I have? Buzzard Engines & Drivetrain 1 11-25-2001 02:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome