258 hop up HELP!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 258 hop up HELP!!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-24-2001, 04:13 PM   #1
Darko

258 hop up HELP!!

I am buying a header and 4bbl intake for $100 for a 258. I was planning on installing a 38 Dges Weber carb. But for the price of a weber I can affoard a 4bbl carb and a cam. What kind of a cam and carb should I get. And how hard would It be to change the cam. I am experienced with everthing, exept the engine and trans. All info will be appreciated

Unread 01-25-2002, 12:24 AM   #2
jerk with a jeep

Darko,
Check the phone book or talk to local shops and find out where they get thier cams.
If you tell the selling the cams what you are doing as far as intake, headers, carburator, head, and all tha they will be able to set you up with the right cam.
I've built several engines and have gone to Delta Cams here in Tacoma WA. and they have never steered me wrong. There should be a similar outfit in your area that should be able to help. If not let me know and I'll get th info on Delta and post it. See Ya. JWAJ
jerk with a jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2002, 07:33 AM   #3
rivertrout10

Quote:
Originally posted by Darko:
I am buying a header and 4bbl intake for $100 for a 258.
Now you are back to a 258?!?!? Thought it was a 302? Oh - I forgot - that was LAST week and this is THIS week.

Derek
Unread 01-25-2002, 08:48 AM   #4
Brendan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darko:
I am experienced with everthing, exept the engine and trans.
Dude, isn't the engine everything? Not too many people do their own tranny work, but what do you know, if you don't have experience with the engine. Your stereo? Sounds like you should invest some money in a good manual. I'm not trying to rip on you, but engines are very precise machines that can be screwed up really easily. Before you do all this high performance stuff to your jeep, get a little more wrench time under your belt.

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2002, 02:23 PM   #5
clegger

For good information on 6cyl stuff, go to the BB at http://www.cliffordperformance.com/home.htm

The guys there can guide you where to go and what to get. If I remember right, they have a board for jeeps.
Unread 01-27-2002, 12:27 AM   #6
JIM79CJ7

DAMN , RIVERTROUT BEAT ME TO IT AGAIN ! No more 302 ? next week post : Cummins diesel vs detroit diesel? Come on man lets get that jeep rollin !
JIM

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.