232 fuel injection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 232 fuel injection

Black Rhino Off Road Wheels + Free ShippingThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-21-2002, 09:40 PM   #1
eprobe
1981 CJ5 

232 fuel injection

I've got a 232 and I'm trying to get more fuel efficiency out of it. Currently gets about 13 mpg. I've changed the gears, replaced the Carter P.O.S. w/ a Weber, now I'm looking at F.I. but I'm not sure what the best option is. Mopars are too rich for my blood and I've heard the Howell Throttle Body has its problems. How hard would it be to graft a 4.2 F.I. system off a wreck onto a 232? Would I have to change the harmonic balancer? Reburn the circuit board? Replace the head? Am I asking for a headache?

eprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2002, 12:52 AM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

You didn't give a year,tire size, diff.ratio's or trans. model(3,4,or5 speed). all of these factors can make a differance in fuel economy.
jeepdaddy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2002, 08:10 PM   #3
eprobe
1981 CJ5 

It's an '81 CJ-5 w/ an SR-4 and 31 inch tires. I changed the gear ratio from 3.73 to 3.31 and this made the fuel economy worse.
eprobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.