2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport problems shifting from 2nd to 3rd - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport problems shifting from 2nd to 3rd

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 03-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #1
moviehunter

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport problems shifting from 2nd to 3rd

First off I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. Secondly I wanted to thank everyone in advance for any help. A friend of mine bought a 2013 jeep wrangler sport about 8 months ago. Since then she's constantly had problems with the MIL light constantly coming on. She's taken it to the dealership on numerous occasions only to have them reset it and tell her that it's nothing that sometimes they just come on. A few months ago another problem arose. after being stopped at a stop light and starting to roll again the jeep will shift smoothly through first and into second but when you shift the lever from 2nd to 3rd it's almost like 3rd gear doesn't engage and the rpm's continue to climb as though it's still in second. You can continue to shift into 4th, 5th, 6th with the exact same result, like it's still stuck in 2nd. however if you go back the opposite direction it will allow you to shift back into first (mind you it get's stuck again if you try going back up the gears). Now this is where it gets even weirder, after pulling over and turning the jeep off it would not restart for about 30 minutes. Sounds like it wants to turn over but doesn't.

Again, this problem is intermittent and only happens maybe once every few weeks. The rest of the time it drives fine and changes gears normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

moviehunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.