2002 TJ Auto Transmission Acting Up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2002 TJ Auto Transmission Acting Up

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 06-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
Agent86
2002 TJ Wrangler 

2002 TJ Auto Transmission Acting Up

My tranny is just starting to slip / stall in first gear from a stopped position. It doen't happen every time, but I'm sure it won't get any better..
I'm not a transmission guy, so I don't know if there's some kind of PM I can have done to fix that, but I'm proceeding with the assumption there isn't. I need to get my ducks in a row and find a reputable shop in the Houston area that will be fair.
I've only got 143K on the Jeep and I don't go mudding or through water. I've been off road a couple of times, so as you can see, I haven't abused my Jeep. (I know...I'm a boring Jeeper). I recently changed the fluid and filter (within 1000 miles ago), so that's done.

Any and all information is welcome and appreciated.

2" RE BB, A to Z Rockers and Warn Engine Skid.

Black Jeep Club V 2.0 Member #80

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."
-Errol Flynn
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.