2001 tj engine swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2001 tj engine swap

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 04-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Ehenry67

2001 tj engine swap

I was wondering if I could do an engine swap on my 2001 tj 2.5 with a 1999 Cherokee 4.0. If someone could help that would be awesome!

Ehenry67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehenry67 View Post
I was wondering if I could do an engine swap on my 2001 tj 2.5 with a 1999 Cherokee 4.0. If someone could help that would be awesome!
Well i couldnt tell you break out the tape measure measure how big the motor is measure the engine compartment see how much room you got to work with then make sure the mounts line up if not then you got some welding and fabricating to do because surely the 2.5 and 4.0 doesnt have the same motor mounts does it?
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
bigfootdave
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There's at least 25 questions back to you on this. I have done a 2.5~4.0 changeover and it's not for just anyone to do. If your Jeep is up and running, I'd suggest you first look at trading yours for what you really want. Look, I know that special bond one gets with their Jeep, I have that as well. But this is time consuming, frustrating, an ongoing learning process, and expensive.
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
bigfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Please use the search fearure. There are 10 or more threads on this. This will get you your info alot faster.
Now I could go for a slab of ribs from the PINE CONE restaurant just north of you. That would make life much better!

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.