2000 wrangle sport 4.0 stalls randomly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2000 wrangle sport 4.0 stalls randomly

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
h10weaver

2000 wrangle sport 4.0 stalls randomly

Hi, I'm new to the forum and love my jeep. I have a 2000 wrangle sport 4.0 auto and it has been stalling randomly, while stopped or driving. I would really appreciate it if anyone can recommend the best jeep mechanic in south eastern Michigan. I have had it looked at by a few local mechanics and a friend has had Chrysler engineers give crappy advice. It starts right back up and is not giving any codes. Asd valve opening when not supposed to, crank sensor and computer brain are new, no help. Thanks in advance for any help!

h10weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Cvarney
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My 05 would do this occassionally. It was a 2.4 but it was the battery. MY negative post (i believe) had corroded really badly, enough that it ate through the post some. Even after I cleaned it it would still happen. Once or twice while driving, mostly when comming to a stop. It didn't happen enough that I would call it a regular thing, but it was enough to keep my mind on it. I didn't notice the terminal being eaten up till I went to replace the battery and then a couple weeks later wiring up a winch I broke the terminal. It had been eaten a little bit as well from the corrosion I suppose. If you've ever had any problems with that I'd check out your battery first, clean up the terminaly and posts really good and smear a little di-electric grease on it. i haven't had a problem since, granted it's only been about a month but no corrosion and no more stalls.
Cvarney is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.