2000 grand Cherokee runs like crap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2000 grand Cherokee runs like crap

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Twopercent82

2000 grand Cherokee runs like crap

I have a 2000 Cherokee 126k auto that lately is driving me nuts. One minute it's fine the next the idle drops but hasn't stalled yet. There is a horrible smell from the exhaust and has a huge power loss.

I have cleaned the throttle body and the problem went away for about 45 minutes. I got a p0171 code for lean fuel side 1. When it's running good my fuel trim is around 0 but once it starts acting up my st is 32.8 and lt is 30. Seems to happen after the engine is hot usually. I'm not going to go throwing parts at it but I was hoping someone else dealt with this just to lead me in the right direction.

Thanks for any input

Twopercent82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.