2000 4.0 Wrangler Misfire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2000 4.0 Wrangler Misfire

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 04-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
peeweeXJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

2000 4.0 Wrangler Misfire

I have a consistent cylinder 1 misfire. It happened immediately after I started the Jeep a couple of weeks ago.

I used my spark tester, and found I do have good spark at cylinder 1.

I also checked to make sure my valvetrain was intact. And yes, it is.

I then checked the fuel system.

Using my stethescope, I realized that upon startup, the fuel injector will pulse normally. Then about 15 seconds into the runtime the injector will completely flatline. No movement whatsoever.

I tested the fuel injector, and it's resistance was comparable to the others, but I decided to replace it just in case. No change.

At idle injector #1 is getting around 5-6 volts, fluctuating as usual.

ANY HELP?

The last thing I want to do is bring it to the stealership,

Thanks!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.