2.5l trans - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2.5l trans

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
ratfink41

2.5l trans

I have a 95' i4 2.5l in my Jeep, it has a manual transmission, I am just wondering what the exact name of my transmission is, and is it the same as a 4.0 i6

ratfink41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
shelbysguns

Ax5. And no the 4.0 uses the ax15. You can swap the ax15 into a 4cyl but i hav no idea how much work it would be. Hope this helps
shelbysguns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
ratfink41

It did thanks
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Blake_H

I also have a 2.5L manual transmission jeep and I did the swap from the ax5 to ax15. My transmission was bad when I bought my jeep and the transmission from the 4.0 is much stronger so I figured it was a good time to eliminate one of the week points. Advance Adapters is where I got my kit and I think I paid just about $450 shipped. If you do this swap a 23 spline input for the t case will need to replace the stock 21 spline input.

http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...ng-w-extslave-
cylinder-replacing-ax5/

For more information about the swap you can check this link out... I think this is the right kit but I would call Advance Adapters to make sure it is before you order anything. Hope this helps
Blake_H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Blake_H

My link didn't seem to work for me... but I'm sure you can find it on their web page
Blake_H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
ratfink41

Yea thanks a lot man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.