2.5L more horse power? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2.5L more horse power?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
OliverTwist
1992 YJ Wrangler 

2.5L more horse power?

Hello, I have a 92 YJ and was doing some reading an saw that if I add a a throttle body and spacer off a cherokee and and a cold air intake I could boost up the HP a tad. So what would I look for in the parts so I know they would work

OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
25greenwrangler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

All cold air filters do is let in more dirt into the engine, suck in the oil from the filter and lighten your wallet
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Best performance increase for the mighty 2.5L is to regear. I know it is not what you want to hear. However there are several mods that will give you a little. 4.0 Throttle body upgrade, electric fan are a couple I have considered but not yet attempted.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I tried most of them on my old '91 YJ.
By far the biggest gain was going to 4.88's. The TB spacer, electric fan, etc were a waste of time to be honest.
With 35's and 4.88's, you still tried anything at all to avoid the interstate, or any other 70mph road. It was a dog, and drank fuel seeing as you have to keep your foot buried to make it move.
best thing I did was swap a 4.3 and 700R4 into the rig. I actually enjoyed driving it then!

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.