2.5l Cam - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2.5l Cam

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-18-2005, 10:48 PM   #1
Greencar

2.5l Cam

has anyone had experience with the 2.5liter cams that clifford makes??? I am looking at this one. http://www.cliffordperformance.com/c...am_3228528.htm

I am just looking for some cheap power. Thanks

-Dan

Unread 01-19-2005, 07:30 AM   #2
BamaJeeper

Not much info from that link. It's a .270 lift and a stock cam is .265. That cam will give an itty bit more performance in a slightly higher RPM range. Definitely not worth the $200. Look on ebay and similar sites for cams and call your local dealerships to see what's available.
Are you looking for more power in the lower RPMs when off-road or higher RPMs while on the road?

Here's some more info you should read.

http://www.chevytalk.com/tech/101/Cam_Theory.html
Unread 01-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
mrgeoff

Hello there. I have the same engine in my 93 YJ. There isent much you can do to get more power. Your best bet is gearing or engine swap, but neither is cheap. I run 5.38 rearing in my 4 banger YJ. best thing i ever did.
mrgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
Greencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeeper
Not much info from that link. It's a .270 lift and a stock cam is .265. That cam will give an itty bit more performance in a slightly higher RPM range. Definitely not worth the $200. Look on ebay and similar sites for cams and call your local dealerships to see what's available.
Are you looking for more power in the lower RPMs when off-road or higher RPMs while on the road?

Here's some more info you should read.

http://www.chevytalk.com/tech/101/Cam_Theory.html

Hey thanks for the info. I was looking at this page again and this cam has .523 lift, the duration is .270

-Dan
Unread 01-27-2005, 07:14 AM   #5
JEEPINWI

Greencar-
I know there is a 2.5L camshaft on eBay right now. Here it is: camshaft . Also, if you use a camshaft with more than .450" lift, you will definitely need new valve springs. You do not want to experience valve float at higher RPM's, and that would definitely happen with a cam of .523" lift and stock valve springs.
Unread 01-28-2005, 04:45 AM   #6
BamaJeeper

Oops. I must have been dead assed tired when I posted that cause I don't even remember posting it.
My Mopar cam has .440" lift and made a significant difference in low RPM torque. I believe .440 is as far as you can go before having to install different springs.
Unread 01-28-2005, 07:58 AM   #7
STW
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeeper
Oops. I must have been dead assed tired when I posted that cause I don't even remember posting it.
My Mopar cam has .440" lift and made a significant difference in low RPM torque. I believe .440 is as far as you can go before having to install different springs.
What drawbacks would/does that .440 cam have at higher rpm? Been looking for a low rpm torque cam (RV cam?) like that myself and I don't mind if it compromises hp above 3000 rpm, but don't want it to mess with hp below that with too short an overlap duration. What do you find with rpm at 3000 or so?

Last edited by STW; 01-28-2005 at 08:41 AM..
STW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2005, 04:30 PM   #8
BamaJeeper

I could'nt tell any difference above 3k.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.