2.5 rebuild questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2.5 rebuild questions

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-07-2003, 11:34 PM   #1
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

2.5 rebuild questions

hey everyone, I just recently bought a 1990 YJ, 2.5 5spd...it had 166k miles on it and had a hole in the front piston....my brother had a 89 yj with the 4 cyl motor...so i had planned freshening up his old motor and dropping that in but when i pulled the head off from it I realized it needed a rebuild.

what i need to know is where is the best place for me to buy a crank kit, piston rings, cam (high perf?), lifters etc.

I am not new to jeeps, i have owned 5 other YJ's and 1 XJ..all have been 6 cylinders..so this is my first encounter with a 4 cyl...I have got 32's on the jeep right now and plan to go larger down the road, will a 4 cyl have sufficient enough power or should i save the money i would spend rebuilding the 4 to put towards an engine swap?

LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2003, 08:13 AM   #2
migliori

With that size of tire and bigger you're better off going up to a six or 8cyl. You won't have the umph for highway travel.
Custom Gun Rack
Custom Rocker panels

-We're not all there
because we're not all here.
migliori is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.