2.5 goodies to get.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2.5 goodies to get..

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinLedlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 02-13-2003, 11:34 AM   #1
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

2.5 goodies to get..

i got a 2.5, its got about 40,000 miles on it, was a total rebuilt engine new block and everything, i wondering what can i get to give me hp but i not put out a HUGE amount?jet chip?

2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 01:19 PM   #2
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i got a 2.5ltr also...from what i have read on this forum its really not worth the money to get all the mods to give you more HP. but thats just what i have read..i am more than likely wrong. i dont know if you have been off road yet but i havent and i dont plan on doing any engine mods untill i see how it preforms off road...i was talking with a guy i work with about some bolt on hp and he told me i should be fine with what i got and told me not to under estimate the 4 banger. i guess we'll see what happens on the trail...
[COLOR=darkgreen]Green Jeep Club Member #39[/COLOR]
[COLOR=purple]The Almighty 2" BB Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR]
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/781569/][COLOR=Orange]My Jeep on Cardomain.com[/COLOR][/URL] *outdated
Dr Gutiemouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 01:37 PM   #3
devinf

Simple things to do would be...

Remove the air restrictor
Put in a high flow air filter
Install a 4.0L throttle body

And I'm sure if you look around the forums there'll be a how-to or a link to somewhere that can show you.

Devin

[b]White Jeep Club Member #65[/b]
devinf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 04:28 PM   #4
Devious
Hobo

2008 JK Wrangler 

Gear swap would be the best bang for your buck. 4.56's or 4.88's
Unread 02-13-2003, 10:05 PM   #5
hjeepxj

gears are the best......

1. Cold air intake with 5" Powerstack cone filter
2. 4.0 TB with taper bored to 60mm
3. Poweraid TB spacer bored to 60mm
4. Intake manifold heatshield
5. Flowmaster 50 series 2.25" muffler
6. High-flow cat
7. Clifford Performance header with 2.25" piping
8. Champion copper plugs
9. Magnecor 8.5mm plug wires
10. Electric fan conversion
11. Speedtweaks IAT adjuster

With the package of mods listed above, output should improve by 20% to about 145hp.

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
hjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #6
wrangler john

I just dropped back in the 2.5 in my 95 wrangler. Bought it very cheap with a blown engine(the previous owner double gasketed the oil filter and lost all his oil on the road). with the minor mods that I did I did see a change in torque in the lower rpms and it does pull harder in the mid and upper rpms also. This is what I did.

new crank and bearings
honed cylinders and replaced rings
installed new cam bearings
installed a mopar performance camshaft and lifers .450 lift 108
centerline 258 duration
Mild head porting
bosch platinum 4 spark plugs.
no exaust or intake mods yet.

to anyone out there you just have to realize what your expectations are before you start. If I wanted massive torque and horsepower, I would have went for a v-8 conversion or a 4.0 swap. There is a old rule that I was taught a long time ago. There is no replacement for displacement.........

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.