2.5 4cylinder engine swap.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 2.5 4cylinder engine swap....

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-14-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
KD5LEF

2.5 4cylinder engine swap....

I want to know (yes I searched) what it would take to swap a 6cyl engine from a 88 XJ to a 97TJ that currently has a bad head on its 2.5 ltr 4cylinder.

More specifically what am I looking at as far as tranny and transfer case compatibility. I know I will need the wiring from the XJ but was also wanting to know if there were any adapter harnesses for it.

Thanks in advance for the info.

3inch OME, JKS goodies, 1.25BL. 33x12.5 BFG KM2's
KD5LEF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

You do realize that the V8 is more than likely not fuel injected right?
Unread 07-25-2005, 03:37 AM   #3
TXjeepTJ

im positive you'll need adapters for its motor mounts you might want to check out www.advanceadapters.com
i have a 97tj also, but instead of going through all the trouble of an engine swap(just dont want to do new wireharness and weld new motor mounts) im just gonna find a 6cylinder jeep with high miles and rebuild it while stroking it and boring the heads out along with a nice cam to give me that v8 sound... thats just me tho lol

swaping a v8 into would require ALOT more stuff than swapping a 6cylinder you prob. know that tho i bet haha hope i helped!
TXjeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.