1997 tj engine issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 1997 tj engine issue

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
furyfighter20

My buddy has a 97 tj he said the exhaust manifold is red hot and the falls on its face as u give it throttle. I hooked up my diag scanner no codes i looked at pids but not sure what lt adapt, st adapt, o2s value should be. Thanks for any help

furyfighter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
bigfootdave
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My first reaction is plugged cat converter, or plugged exhaust system. There was a recall on the 97's specifically because the PCM would not show a fault code for cat issues. That recall may have been limited to the 2.5, not sure, but I would certainly start looking for exhaust restrictions
bigfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #3
furyfighter20

Yea i was thinking that i could not get it to act up that's why i was looking for that info
furyfighter20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.