1997 Tj engine conversion .. advice? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 1997 Tj engine conversion .. advice?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 02-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
xalexxromerox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

1997 Tj engine conversion .. advice?

Hey guys, so right now I'm pushing my baby with a 4 banger and I think its bout that time for an upgrade. Any advice to be given? List of fitting engines.. all advice helps. Thanks, (:-arom

xalexxromerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep inline 6 cylinder 4.0 190 hp. Because of emisions maybe your only option. If emisions isn't a concern, you could swap in a small ford, chrysler or chevy V-8 with an adapter kit. Check advance adapters.com for more info. Also avenger makes a super charger for the 2.5, takes the hp up to a round 200. Hesco was selling them.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.