Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1995- 2005 Motor/Tranny Swap

603 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  75SV1 
#1 ·
I just toasted 5th gear in my 95, YJ, thought it might be a good time to swap to the 4.0, 6 cylinder, I have access to a 05, 4.0 motor and a six speed manuel tranny and any parts I need to make the swap. Anybody know of major problems with this swap?
Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
You might look at the bosses for the engine mount brackets. On my '03 block one on one side was shorter and one on the other side was longer. A space on one side and cutting and welding of the engine mounting bracket took care of the other side. The oil pressure sensor location is towards the rear or the block and not on the oil filter boss. Nothing major.
I remember someone else swapping in the 6 speed. The CPS or TPS sensor mount location is different on that bell housing. You will need to look into how to mount it in its present location. You will need to swap in your present flywheel if your is an manual transmission, presently.
Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.