1994 zj rear vibration when coasting or braking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 1994 zj rear vibration when coasting or braking

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights

Unread 09-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
icebird1976
1994 ZJ 

1994 zj rear vibration when coasting or braking

Have a 94 zj limited with 318 and quadra-trac. I recently picked up a vibration coming from the rear which started out when coasting and soon could be felt when coming to a stop. I went and replaced the pads and rotors and the parking brake shoes. Pads and rotors were fine, but the parking brake shoes were completely worn down and cracked. Got everything back together and the vibration is still there. I noticed when in reverse, if I go fast enough, it will start vibrating. I checked the drive shaft and u joints for play, but everything seems tight. I don't think this is so much a drive line issue because it doesn't do it under acceleration at all. Transmission shifts fine. I haven't checked the rear differential fluid yet. Parking brake works fine, but coasting in neutral and applying the parking brake, I can feel the vibration. It doesn't have any warning lights coming on, other than the usual service 4wd switch on the lower display, but it has always done that. I am stuck at what the problem could be.

icebird1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Warped disc
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
icebird1976
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberxj92 View Post
Warped disc
Turns out it was u joints at both ends of the drive shaft.
icebird1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Cool easy fix
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
abempire

How did u get the sliding yoke out of the transmission?
abempire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.