1994 Wrangler Manual Trans problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 1994 Wrangler Manual Trans problem

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
JeepAD
1994 YJ Wrangler 

1994 Wrangler Manual Trans problem

I was driving my Jeep to work this morning and the trans started making a kind of squealing and grinding sound and then I lost all my gears, the trans has grinded for awhile because the synchros are gone but it still worked fine right up until the this morning, I pulled over tried all the gears and had no forward or reverse motion. I tried 4 high and got nothing, but 4 low got me moving so I limped home in 4 low. Anyone have any ideas?

JeepAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.