1993 Jeep XJ overheat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 1993 Jeep XJ overheat

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
iwearflannel
1993 XJ Cherokee 

1993 Jeep XJ overheat

My '93 XJ has recently overheated, and I'm pretty sure that the head gasket blew. I came to this conclusion based on a very small amount of residual coolant in the motor oil as well as white smoke/steam coming from the exhaust. I'm planning on replacing the head gasket.
I was wondering what else I should be looking for as far as possible damage is concerned, as well as what else I need to be replacing along the lines of gaskets and seals go, regardless. Thanks guys!

iwearflannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Justlaxen22

Yep head gasket blew, just make sure all your radiator hoses are still good. Each time the vehicle overheats it takes a beating on all coolant components.
Justlaxen22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gasket , oil , overheating , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.