1991 wrangler smells like gas leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 1991 wrangler smells like gas leak

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
geminiJeeper

1991 wrangler smells like gas leak

I have no apparent leak whatsoever but after running the jeep there is quite the fuel smell. (Only after its been running). Anyone know what I'm talking about or have any advice?!?!?!? Help me

geminiJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
YJinOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminiJeeper
I have no apparent leak whatsoever but after running the jeep there is quite the fuel smell. (Only after its been running). Anyone know what I'm talking about or have any advice?!?!?!? Help me
My YJ used to do that. Fuel tank seal (pump/sending unit gasket) for me. Auto zone had
YJinOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
jon87yj

check the tank seal,return lines, evap lines, fill hoses, evap canister.
jon87yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Like mentioned above you need to look over everything related to fuel or fuel vapor, crankcase/pcv lines too. The couple areas that can be overlooked are the hoses to the charcoal canister, the injectors, fuel rail and pcv/ccv system

I have seen injector o-rings leak, injector bodies leak, pcv hoses disconnected or rotten, along with evap hoses (charcoal canister) Leaks around the injector are too common and usually not very big plus they can evaporate quickly, either check with the engine running or check cold after turning the key to on/run and check for dampness or residue.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.