'08 Compass sport. Front axle seal leak; CVT leak; Need help badly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > '08 Compass sport. Front axle seal leak; CVT leak; Need help badly

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 03-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
Eastcompass

'08 Compass sport. Front axle seal leak; CVT leak; Need help badly

So I was working on removing my driver side control arm and managed to pop the axle off from the cvt enough to drain a bunch of black fluid out. My problem is I'm trying to identify exactly what I damaged and what its going to take to refill my cvt. I'm really new to this car and undertook the control arms because it was supposed to be easy so I really could use some help. Have read the cvt fluid change can't be done by the owner but surely theres a way. Just starting to research so could use some help please. Heres a few pics.

Eastcompass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Eastcompass

Okay so upon investigation I'm seeing that my axle has popped loose from my differential and gear oil has spilt out? The oil was black. Is there a seal I need to replace?
Eastcompass is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.