06 tj shifting rough - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 06 tj shifting rough

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
marbear
2006 TJ Wrangler 

06 tj shifting rough

I have an automatic 2006 wrangler x with a little over 60,000 miles and no mods.
I've had the transmission serviced and flushed, a reprogram done and spark plugs replaced and had the dealer supposedly check the TPS.
My jeep started jerking (about three months ago) all the time when it would shift from 1st to 2nd gear, I took it to a transmission shop and they reprogramed. It worked fine for about two days before it started jerking again. I took it to the dealership and they hooked it up and and no codes showed up. They serviced the transmission, I got better gas mileage but its still jerking from not only 1st to 2nd gear and occasionally from 2nd to 3rd. The hardest/roughest jerking is when the jeep is "cold" and the engine temp is below 210. The jeep is shifting as if a person who is new to driving a stick is driving and hasn't gotten the clutch to gas ratio "balanced" The dealership hasn't been able to "reproduce" the jerking when it shifts so they have about a dozen or so possibilities of what it could be.
I obviously don't know what it could be (partly because this is the first time a vehicle has done this type of behavior, I know very basic things about vehicle maintaince ) and the dealership has a bunch of different possibilities like I stated before. input or ideas of what it could be would be appreciated. Thanks

I did post the same thing a few weeks ago but I figured maybe some new eyes would see and might know what the problem could possibly be.

marbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
marbear
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bump......
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
marbear
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No suggestions????
Unread 07-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
marbear
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I need someone's suggestion before I pay somebody to open my transmission and possibly still not have the problem fixed..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.