03 Liberty Oil Pan Removal Procedure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 03 Liberty Oil Pan Removal Procedure

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
03NYLibSport
2003 KJ Liberty 

03 Liberty Oil Pan Removal Procedure

Hello all, this is my first posting...and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. I bought my 03 Liberty at an auction last year and it recently started leaking oil from the oil pan which has rusted out badly - layers of the metal are flaking off. The maintenance manual says to remove the engine in order to remove the oil pan. Is there a "less involved" procedure to remove/replace the oil pan without having to remove the engine?

If so, please share the procedure and advise of any precautions / safety steps I should use...thanks.

03NYLibSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

You either have to pull the engine or support it from above(via engine support bar or cherry picker) and drop the cradle with the front diff,rack&pinion,and front suspension.
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
chevyblazer5150
1995 ZJ 

Those are your choices. One of the MANY reasons I sold my liberty. Too bad jeep didn't make them better.
1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo, V8, 242 T-case swap, custom driveshafts, bumpers/rock sliders, X20 8000# winch, Rough country long arm kit w/5.5" rustys springs, full Detroit rear locker, HP D30/trutrack, 4:11 gears 32x11.5x15 Maxxis MT's
chevyblazer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
03NYLibSport
2003 KJ Liberty 

Oil pan replacement

Hello TKY and Chevy,

Thanks for the feedback...I figured there had to be another way other than removing the engine although I was hoping that the alternative wouldn't be this involved. Looks like I have my work cut-out for me...thanks again for the info.
03NYLibSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
mrowaan
1999 WJ 

It can be changed in the jeep.If you pull the diff you don't have to pull the engine.

Tags
2003 , liberty , oil pan , removal

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.