Xj low pro rims. Opinions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Xj low pro rims. Opinions?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Xj low pro rims. Opinions?

Thinkin of puttin these on my jeep

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

raetay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like ****
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansCJ
Looks like ****
Haha....thanks for the opinion, but even if it is a pavement princess these woudent look cool?

Don't plan on 4x4ing...

I was thinking a small lift and some dope rims would make a Cherokee look pretty slick

Unread 02-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
haloperformance
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Most of the people here are into wheeling. Not a lot of pavement pounders. As for Looking cool, isnt it more important that you like the way your vehicle looks as opposed to a few thousand strangers? I am not a fan of lowpros in general. Ive got 15s on my jeep and 16s on my dually! Now if you have a question about tire/wheel size, fitment, Or backspacing... thats different.
1991 XJ: 35"s, 4:56s 5.5"LA lift, stretched, locked, skids, caged, high steer, spray paint. I think it was stock at one point.
<-1978 CJ5 parts - click on my classified
haloperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'm not biased against street Jeeps like most of the responses you'll get around here--lots of guys around here will rabidly attack anyone who doesn't lift their Jeep, slap big rubber on it, and take it wheeling.

That said, I still don't like them. That's far too little rubber for any reasonable daily-driven vehicle. It will ride terribly, the handling benefits of low profile tires are completely useless to an SUV with its high center of gravity, and I don't think it looks very good either. I also don' think the design of the wheels jives very well with the design of the XJ either. The XJ is a boxy, sharp-cornered, simple design, and these wheels are too curvy and spindly in my opinion. Seeing that much empty space through them is off-putting as well. They'd look better with bigger brakes behind them, but that wouldn't solve the other issues I have with them. I've never seen an XJ pull-off wheels larger than 18", and even to do that they usually have to increase overall diameter to preserve a proper amount of sidewall.

You asked for opinions, and I gave mine. It's ultimately your choice, though.

Urban yan has one of my favorite street Jeeps. It's not totally my style, but it's very impressive. Those are 18" wheels from a Charger RT with 225/60R18 tires. It's a shame that he got banned from JF

Ooo, a new bumper!

mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raetay View Post
Haha....thanks for the opinion, but even if it is a pavement princess these woudent look cool?

Don't plan on 4x4ing...

I was thinking a small lift and some dope rims would make a Cherokee look pretty slick

For a street jeep, I would do a 2-3" lift. some 16-17 wheels(JK Rubi take offs with adapters) and some nice all terrains.
This is the last street jeep I did before tint, which ended up getting wheeled.
xj.jpg  
Unread 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772
I'm not biased against street Jeeps like most of the responses you'll get around here--lots of guys around here will rabidly attack anyone who doesn't lift their Jeep, slap big rubber on it, and take it wheeling.

That said, I still don't like them. That's far too little rubber for any reasonable daily-driven vehicle. It will ride terribly, the handling benefits of low profile tires are completely useless to an SUV with its high center of gravity, and I don't think it looks very good either. I also don' think the design of the wheels jives very well with the design of the XJ either. The XJ is a boxy, sharp-cornered, simple design, and these wheels are too curvy and spindly in my opinion. Seeing that much empty space through them is off-putting as well. They'd look better with bigger brakes behind them, but that wouldn't solve the other issues I have with them. I've never seen an XJ pull-off wheels larger than 18", and even to do that they usually have to increase overall diameter to preserve a proper amount of sidewall.

Urban yan has one of my favorite street Jeeps. It's not totally my style, but it's very impressive. Those are 18" wheels from a Charger RT with 225/60R18 tires. It's a shame that he got banned from JF

Ooo, a new bumper!
@halo I don't care what strangers on here think I'm not looking for approval either just opinions on how it looks thank you

And to my quote up there,

You hit the nail on the head,

I'd didn't even realize about turning and other things.

The jeep with charger rt tires is exactly what I'm looking for. A bit of style a bit of beef to it, thank you very much

9-10 ill end up not getting those rims. Just looking for regular people opinions. On low pros and Cherokees.

Unread 02-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

It is possible to find stylish rims in the smaller sizes...

forumrunner_20130206_151337.jpg
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8
It is possible to find stylish rims in the smaller sizes...

Yeah those are nice I have to find used ones in good shape cause buying new is too much, that's why I was considering those 22's I mean you have to admit those rims an tires are only 800 for the set is pretty good

Unread 02-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

no comment.
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post

Ooo, a new bumper!
That thing is beautiful...
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post

Ooo, a new bumper!
I love that^

i wish I could find a clean 2WD DD to do something like that to, but still keep my '99. Always wanted a slightly lowered stance, staggered set of Mustang wheels, and some nice little performance mods. Think of all the little ricerboys you could put to shame!

Me personally, whether I like a street themed Jeep depends on how its themed. Lowered a little with a muscle theme (mustang wheels, clean look)? Hell yea. Lifted with gawky 22's and super lowprofile tires? Negative. But everyones tastes are different, so my opinion means nothing.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

The 22's and tires may come cheap, but before you buy them, go price out the next set of tires you're gonna need. Low pro's like that get about 20k miles.
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #14
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Yeah I think ill get something like urban yans or the 2 door jeep is what is want cool looking and practical

Thank you for your help everyone

Last edited by raetay; 02-07-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Unread 02-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #15
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Keep in mind ride quality will diminish with lower profile wheels. Personally, I don't think they belong on a jeep. But, you are entitled to do what you please. Just don't expect many people here to agree with you.

Moved to Street Jeep Forum. You'll have better luck finding the input you need here.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.