Why ????? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Why ?????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 09-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #16
CTfirefighter
1998 TJ Wrangler 

because some of us are getting up in age and have "been there done that" in our younger years
and now just want something that's good in all kinds of weather and looks good doing it

CTfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #17
Aceladriver

What they said ^

For sure offroading is the norm, but not everyone came into the Jeep world the same way.

I grew up driving 60s - 70s Mopar muscle, then drove Fords as DDs. At some point I decided the new RWD cars were lousy in the snow and our roads were falling apart so I decided to get an SUV.

Went to look at a Ford Xploder and saw the 93 ZJ next to it. Noticed the Chryco badge on the rocker and the 5.2 emblem - and never looked back.

I loved that 93 but of course coming from my background my first two thoughts were: 1) Needs more motor. 2) Needs manual trans.

Started doing some research on 5spd swaps and found this place, and it opened me up to the world of forums, and even more importantly the world of people that like real fast Jeeps.

Now that 93 is a full OBD2 5.9 and sitting next to it is a Vortech supercharged 5.9 5spd ZJ.

Those are fun but my other one should be faster: Stripped down lightweight 2WD 98 with a 3spd 727 and a LOT of motor
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #18
RATBASTIRD
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
Forum dedicated to all those Jeep owners building Jeeps for street/show and not the trails.

------------
Why ?????

Why?? because of Nobama that's why.
Him and his Liberal & Progressive army.
Unread 01-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #19
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATBASTIRD View Post
Why?? because of Nobama that's why.
Him and his Liberal & Progressive army.
What in the world does that have to do with anything?
Dana 30 front with 4.56's/Dana 44 rear with 4.88's
AFRd_CJ5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:19 PM   #20
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRd_CJ5 View Post
What in the world does that have to do with anything?
CUZ.....MERICA!!!!!

MOLAN LABE
KCCO
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #21
billiebob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

So Nobama....

The tea party prefers Jeeps that can't offroad?
Since you think only Democrats and Liberals do.
How do my fellow Rednecks feel about that?

Sorry Jeeps should never get political but in response to an idiot I could not pass it up.
billiebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #22
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
So Nobama....

The tea party prefers Jeeps that can't offroad?
Since you think only Democrats and Liberals do.
How do my fellow Rednecks feel about that?

Sorry Jeeps should never get political but in response to an idiot I could not pass it up.
At the risk of defending the guy, what exactly is Obama's position on recreational off road travel? Has he established one? Don't guess.

What's it like up there in Canada?
Unread 01-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #23
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
At the risk of defending the guy, what exactly is Obama's position on recreational off road travel? Has he established one? Don't guess.
Obama may not have, but certain important Congressional members (e.g. Feinstein) have. We all have to stand up to it. Although, as to OP in this thread - lighten up Francis. A dedicated section for Street Jeeps is perfectly fine. If you don't like it, don't come here.
Unread 01-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #24
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

My intention was to provoke an intelligent response from RATBASTIRD and billiebob, rather than a nebulous fear of the boogieman. I am familiar with your activism to protect Johnson Valley and know that you are informed and well researched on the subject. The larger battle predates the current administration by a long shot.

That being said, Jeep Forums is not the best place for productive political discussions.
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #25
RATBASTIRD
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jeeps have been involved in politics long before this forum and many of us were born.

Progression in some cases leads to unnecessary change.
An example...California schools are no longer allowed to call a child's parents "Mom & Dad"...its "Parent A & Parent B".
It may not be important to all on here but OUR Second Amendment right is important to me.
When one domino falls so do the rest hence the Liberal army progressing further and further.

Progression leads to this horror show...just to let others "Fit In"

Progression leads to this STREET JEEP

Last edited by RATBASTIRD; 01-12-2014 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Image URL's were wrong
RATBASTIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #26
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATBASTIRD View Post
Progression leads to this STREET JEEP

There ought to be a law against people lowering their Jeeps like that. Right?

Don't confuse legislation and regulation to preserve "traditional values" (whatever that means) as the protection of civil liberties. Both parties are guilty of using government to artificially manipulate the morals and values (and the economies) of America. The scary progression towards Parent A and Parent B is a governmental non-issue because it is actually more inclusive of people's personal and private decisions. Whether you agree with it or not is a wholly different matter that exists on a different battlefield because it does not infringe on your freedom to make similar choices. Fox News is really bad at parsing out these types of distinctions because it often confuses the limited role of government with self-righteous personal morality.
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #27
RATBASTIRD
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can't agree that a law should be passed for those people not to slam their Jeeps.
The current administration has signed more Executive Orders against our civil liberties then any other previous administration.
If a law was passed banning slammed Jeeps that's no better then what "he" does.

I do not agree that Jeep style looks good but I do acknowledge the work/craftsmanship/knowledge that was needed to get them that low.
I also do not agree with you putting your hand on another dudes a$$ but acknowledge that's your choice

The undeniable FACT is our 2A rights need to be preserved to keep our Government in check.
Progression is an extremely sharp double edged sword.

Its hard these days to preserve traditional values.
Slammed street Jeep versus "traditional" Jeep is a metaphor.

Now...what about a Jeep that's equipped with airbags that at the push of a button gives the operator 9 plus inches of ground clearance?
Unread 01-13-2014, 04:38 AM   #28
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

What does our 2A rights have to do with people doing what they want with their Jeeps? I would think people doing as they please with their own vehicle would be more applicable to the 1A.
I consider my Jeep a "street Jeep". I drive it a lot on the pavement. However, I would bet my Jeep (though it's also a "pavement pounder") sees as much or more abuse per year than yours.
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #29
RATBASTIRD
1995 YJ Wrangler 

IMO Street Jeep definition is a Jeep with a large diameter wheel set and rubber band tires.
OR
Lowered or ultra low "slammed" Jeeps
OR
FWD Jeeps...the horror.

I'm in urban Queens and unless we categorize pot holes and driving over dividers "off roading" mine is on the street more then dirt also.
This is the case for most on this forum anyway where street time > off road time.

2A rights protects all others that is why its referred to more then anything else.

This Jeep was just debuted at Shot Show in LV

Street Jeep?

Versus Red Jacket's Jeep at 2012 Shot Show

Street Jeep?
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #30
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

My dad has a CJ5 and CJ7. The CJ7 is pretty low and only 2WD, but again, I'm going to bet it gets more abuse than many 4WD lifted Jeeps do.
We'll have to agree to disagree regarding the 2A. I see where you're coming from, but just not my belief of what the 2A is for.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.