What's your Jeep's Top Speed?!!?? - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > What's your Jeep's Top Speed?!!??

Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!All our Different Weld Washers!Panhard Parts & Kits from Ruffstuff!

Reply
Unread 12-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #781
ctaplet08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: new orleans
Posts: 30
never been more afraid doing 75 ina jeep but i still get a rush

ctaplet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #782
Ripper3494
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Warrenville, Illinois
Posts: 5,635
OVER 9000
__________________
build thread:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/94-yj-6-0-build-spud-1218315/[/url]
1994 yj stretched, locked and loaded - 6.0l vortec lq4, 4l60e, np231, Dana 44s 37" interco trxus m/t, 3.5" bds front leafs, double triangulated 4 link rear on xj front coils.
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #783
Lammy
Member
 
Lammy's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 119
In my old tj, 117 on gps. 4" lift, 33's, 4.0 auto. No shaking at all, very smooth.
Lammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #784
1998tjsport
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJarhead03 View Post
considering unleashed from torque/speed limits they'll hit 122 in the 1/4

i'd assume it's up there a ways - seen top speeds depending on minor mods between 155 and 180
A stock SRT crosses the quater at around 100MPH not 122. Top end is around 155 and if you do mods the sky is the limit, however minor mods will not net you 180. They are badass though and if I didn't already have a fast truck I would have bought one of those .....
1998tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #785
Finallyajeep
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy View Post
In my old tj, 117 on gps. 4" lift, 33's, 4.0 auto. No shaking at all, very smooth.
I have a hard time believing this
__________________
Firefighters Jeep Club

FOR SALE PM me if interested!
C-rok outer steering box brace new, never installed. Also have an XJ trailer hitch for sale, needs some paint, but thats about it.
Finallyajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #786
Hotshot_jh
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 57
I let my brother drive...

I let my brother drive my 2002 4.7L Limited WJ the other day and he took it up to 120mph with very little effort. He drives a 2000 WS6 Trans Am so he's used to driving fast. He was surprised to see how quickly it got to 120. So, now we know that it will at least use the whole speedometer. haha

I'd like to take it faster, but I'm not gonna do that until I get upgraded shocks and a 1" Addco Sway Bar.
Hotshot_jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #787
plym49
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NA
Posts: 1,438
58 mph on the tow bar behind my deuce and a half.

towbar.jpg
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #788
poleposition
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: , NY
Posts: 22
Ive seen some incredibly stupid threads on various different boards over the years but this one takes the cake. That being said, I guess I'M the idiot being that there are almost 800 posts in this thread. I just never thought the term "top speed" would or should ever go in the same sentence as Jeep. Again, I guess Im the idiot here.

Just sayin.
poleposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #789
xXSethXx
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Elyria, Oh
Posts: 14
lawl taken mine 95.. in my 8" total lift talk about your butt puckering up. in my 86 trans am that was nothing tho busted 140 in that
xXSethXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #790
AFRd_CJ5
Registered User
1976 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carson City, Michigan
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleposition View Post
Ive seen some incredibly stupid threads on various different boards over the years but this one takes the cake. That being said, I guess I'M the idiot being that there are almost 800 posts in this thread. I just never thought the term "top speed" would or should ever go in the same sentence as Jeep. Again, I guess Im the idiot here.

Just sayin.
With all due respect, yes, you are the "idiot"
Not everybody builds things the same as everybody else. Some people have and still do build their Jeeps to "go fast"
Look at a top fuel rail. There's no "doors/roof/body" around them, yet they go 300+MPH. And they have crashed at well over 200MPH and the drivers walked away. Why? Because they have a properly built system in place to keep them as safe as possible. A Jeep is absolutely no different than any other vehicle. Just because YOU don't want to build your vehicle a certain way, does not make any other person an "idiot" because they do. It's all in how you build it.
__________________
'76 CJ5
434 pump gas SBC with an NX/HVH plate system
th350/Coan 5,000 converter/Dana 300 tcase
Dana 30 front with 4.56's/Dana 44 rear with 4.88's
AFRd_CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #791
plym49
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NA
Posts: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRd_CJ5 View Post
With all due respect, yes, you are the "idiot"
Not everybody builds things the same as everybody else. Some people have and still do build their Jeeps to "go fast"
Look at a top fuel rail. There's no "doors/roof/body" around them, yet they go 300+MPH. And they have crashed at well over 200MPH and the drivers walked away. Why? Because they have a properly built system in place to keep them as safe as possible. A Jeep is absolutely no different than any other vehicle. Just because YOU don't want to build your vehicle a certain way, does not make any other person an "idiot" because they do. It's all in how you build it.
Wow, I'll bet you dollars to donuts that none of the guys on this thread who speak of running their Jeeps at triple-digit speeds have built them anywhere near NHRA standards.

I think the point of the other post is that Jeeps are predominantly go-slow, go-anywhere vehicles. At least, the more traditional Jeeps.

This thread is entertaining but let's admit it, it is a little out of place, kind of like the Corvette forum starting a thread on just how far off road they can get (from a top-speed head start, maybe pretty far - once).

That all said, this thread has been somewhat entertaining, especially with tales of 120 mph Wranglers.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #792
AFRd_CJ5
Registered User
1976 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carson City, Michigan
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post
Wow, I'll bet you dollars to donuts that none of the guys on this thread who speak of running their Jeeps at triple-digit speeds have built them anywhere near NHRA standards.

I think the point of the other post is that Jeeps are predominantly go-slow, go-anywhere vehicles. At least, the more traditional Jeeps.

This thread is entertaining but let's admit it, it is a little out of place, kind of like the Corvette forum starting a thread on just how far off road they can get (from a top-speed head start, maybe pretty far - once).

That all said, this thread has been somewhat entertaining, especially with tales of 120 mph Wranglers.
Never once did I say most people here have built them to NHRA/IHRA standards. Point is and was, that some people DO. Are they idiots? No. Again, just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean others shouldn't have to either.
Why is it so hard to believe a Wrangler could go 120MPH?
__________________
'76 CJ5
434 pump gas SBC with an NX/HVH plate system
th350/Coan 5,000 converter/Dana 300 tcase
Dana 30 front with 4.56's/Dana 44 rear with 4.88's
AFRd_CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #793
poleposition
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: , NY
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post
Wow, I'll bet you dollars to donuts that none of the guys on this thread who speak of running their Jeeps at triple-digit speeds have built them anywhere near NHRA standards.

I think the point of the other post is that Jeeps are predominantly go-slow, go-anywhere vehicles. At least, the more traditional Jeeps.

This thread is entertaining but let's admit it, it is a little out of place, kind of like the Corvette forum starting a thread on just how far off road they can get (from a top-speed head start, maybe pretty far - once).

That all said, this thread has been somewhat entertaining, especially with tales of 120 mph Wranglers.
Agreed! My point exactly and good analogy about the vettes going offroad.
poleposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #794
poleposition
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: , NY
Posts: 22
And its not hard to believe that a wrangler can go 120. Whats hard to believe is that anyone would WANT to go 120 in a wrangler.
poleposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #795
Largejones
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: mt juliet, tn
Posts: 4
I've had my 06 wrangler 3 inch lift with 31 goodyears at 90 mph on the interstate . Tach showed 3 grand . I wouldn't want to go any faster than that because boy does it feel light at that speed . By the way it has a 4.0 6 cylinder 6 speed trans .
Largejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.