What should i do about my tail lights?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > What should i do about my tail lights?!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
skylinegtx7
1999 XJ Cherokee 

What should i do about my tail lights?!

Ok so i wanna black out my tail lights, should i just buy them from this website but they already say there not street legal, or should i just paint them myself? i was readin that alot of ppl just did it with that ventshade. what should i do?

skylinegtx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
ryan2022
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ventshade works, so does the stuff you buy in hobby stores for painting RC car bodies. Just go and ask for the tranlucent paint.

Spray several light coats, from a good distance. I did a set years ago and sprayed them with the can 2 feet or so from the lens.

Good luck. Its a petty easy process.
ryan2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
skylinegtx7
1999 XJ Cherokee 

thanks man.
skylinegtx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Just be sure to coat the niteshades with some good automotive clear coat otherwise the tail lights will look really dull and almost flat black.
Ninety5poloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
maxacon3000
1987 XJ Cherokee 

VHT Nite shade, like 11 bucks at schucks, or oriely, just clean lenses with paint thinner to remove dirt/oil and cover up back up lights, and paint. to keep it legal their needs to be two red reflectors, depending on how black you go you may need to buy reflective tape, but whatever.
maxacon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Jeremylerv
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I straight murderd my lights with nightshade and have only been pulled over once
(o)_)____(o)_)--o)_)
Jeremylerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremylerv View Post
I straight murderd my lights with nightshade and have only been pulled over once
LOL I love that comment. I had mine BLACK but then my wife got hit in the rear and busted the passengers side tail light I just sanded down the the other and left it stock. Now today I'm thinking about blacking them out again
Ninety5poloz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.