What is a Jeep Laredo? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > What is a Jeep Laredo?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 06-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
JeepPilot

What is a Jeep Laredo?

What is the difference 1989 Jeep Laredo and a 1989 Jeep Cherokee?? I see the added trim below the doors on the Laredo but what else?

JeepPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
XJ2Timer

Going by memory here. The '89 models came in Base, Pioneer and Laredo. Plus
whatever Wagoneer models they had. Basically it comes down to more features
standard and more options available. My '89 Laredo came with things like Infinity
radio/cassette, lighted visor mirror, tow package and skidplate package. Aluminum
wheels instead of steel, power windows and locks, rear cargo cover, roof rack and
cargo area skid strips. It had a nice cloth interior with vinyl inserts and vinyl and
carpet like material on the door panels. Also the seats were a higher back bucket
instead of the regular seats.

When I bought my '01 I gave my '89 Jeep book/brochure to the guy who bought
my '89.
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

The Laredos were the high end option package.
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #4
JeepPilot

Thanks, now I can sleep at night :thumbsup
JeepPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer
Going by memory here. The '89 models came in Base, Pioneer and Laredo. Plus
whatever Wagoneer models they had. Basically it comes down to more features
standard and more options available. My '89 Laredo came with things like Infinity
radio/cassette, lighted visor mirror, tow package and skidplate package. Aluminum
wheels instead of steel, power windows and locks, rear cargo cover, roof rack and
cargo area skid strips. It had a nice cloth interior with vinyl inserts and vinyl and
carpet like material on the door panels. Also the seats were a higher back bucket
instead of the regular seats.

When I bought my '01 I gave my '89 Jeep book/brochure to the guy who bought
my '89.
On my 91, I had everything, but the tow package, ad the skidplates. Not sure about the rims. I have mounts for a rear cargo cover, but no cover either.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #6
-XJguy-
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I would say the Laredos were the high end model for XJs that were to be used alot on the trail. In 87 they came out with the Limited which was an ever higher end model that had leather and painted bumpers, which to me seemd more like a street XJ. In most years they had the "luxury" model Wagoneer which usually came with leather and faux wood body panels.

It gets quite involved tracking all the models because they overlap and some were discontinued and later brought back. Top of the line models for different years were Wagoneer Limited, Limited, Briarwood, and Country; all of these had leather optional interiors and all the bells and whistles, though they all could be ordered without them...strange I know.

XJguy
-XJguy- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.