What to do with 2wd WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > What to do with 2wd WJ

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 03-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
Liftedsahara
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What to do with 2wd WJ

So for certain family reasons, I have a WJ Laredo 4.0L in white sitting at my dads house for the time being while I'm finishing school. It's 2wd and converting it to 4x4 is gonna be way to much labor and money to be worth it. I would sell it but its value is so low it's not worth it for as well kept and maintained as it is. My question is, I love offroading and and my bro has a TJ that we use for that, but it's taken off-road so little that it seems pointless to me and if I was him, I'd be hitten up Rausch like every other weekend. Could I turn this WJ into a really nice street Jeep? I mean just something decent to cruise in and look nice and not liek every other WJ out there.

Unread 05-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Marctwayne
1985 CJ7 

The WJ's are a very good vehicle strong drive train, power windows, A\C, storage space, dust and weather free environment a long list of stuff that is sacrificed in the TJ. A small 2" lift and some 31's maybe 32's you could set your Jeep apart from the pack. 2" spacers all around is a very inexpensive lift and easy to too. Just don't think that you are going to go every where your brother goes. With that said though, a locker in the rear axle and you would be surprised at how well you could do.

[QUOTE=my-jeep-earl;6694423]It does look alot better when the Jeep is "ugly side up" though! :hahaha::teehee:[/QUOTE]
Marctwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
billy10388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctwayne View Post
The WJ's are a very good vehicle strong drive train, power windows, A\C, storage space, dust and weather free environment a long list of stuff that is sacrificed in the TJ. A small 2" lift and some 31's maybe 32's you could set your Jeep apart from the pack. 2" spacers all around is a very inexpensive lift and easy to too. Just don't think that you are going to go every where your brother goes. With that said though, a locker in the rear axle and you would be surprised at how well you could do.

I also think so.
billy10388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.