Too Many Projects! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Too Many Projects!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 05-09-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
Atari423

Too Many Projects!

I started with the exhaust, new muffler, sounds great, had to make a new mount, and drilled into the body. Decided I didnt need the mount. noticed all the rust underneith (?) and decided I better take a look under the carpet. pull up a bit of the carpet, find a 8'' x 16" hole. dang, went out and bought a 17$ angle grinder. (THANKS HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS) start welding in new plate. find more holes. decide to herculine the interior when I'm finished. finish grinding some welds before finishing the entire inside. decide to cut the fenders. front done. not the rear. then get my tax refund back, and some repaid loan money. decide to order a 4.5" lift. amazing how one little project can turn into ALL OF THIS! lol

I'm trying to slow down, so I have a few Q's.

1. That black rubber single channel stuff you guys use on the fenders. where did you get it?

2. best way to scuff the inside with a power tool? (I like things with power before them)

3. is there a way to cut the rear fender like all the way off or by cutting the spot welds am I pretty much screwed? ( dont worry, I havent done it yet)

4. 4.5'' lift from Rusty's comes with a t-case drop. how does it do without the SYE?

5. annnnd finally, if I were to add a 2" shackle and spacer, with the SYE. would I need new UCA LCA?

I feel bad for who ever just read all of that. but THANKS!

Unread 05-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
JBassXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

5.) I know it would be recommended to have a new UCA LCA...

I dunno if this really should fall under the streetxj forum though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
Pics or ban.
JBassXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
Atari423

my bad. when did this start?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.