Tire wet dream come true!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Tire wet dream come true!!!

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #16
ncb

ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #17
cobra_4
2011 KK Liberty 

I like! Maybe not for the jeep so much, but for some of the other toys. Anyone got the part number on it?
cobra_4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
ncb

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=turtle+wax+black+tire+coat
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #19
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post
This. That looks dumb on a corvette, it looks even worse on a Jeep.
I'm sure you look dumb in any vehicle. The only universal statement anyone should be making
GeckoFun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #20
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
If it only sticks to rubber, why wouldn't it come off your window?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
i'm not sure, i find anything any everything sticks to the rear window of the jeep and i have to almost buff it out each time. Point is, it's not like paint over-spray that can't be removed, just has to be rubbed off. on the wheels it's easy to rub off on the back window, not so much. I figured it out too late, but easy to avoid this by simply raising the back window when you spray it
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #21
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
It's beyond me why anyone wants high gloss tires. Especially on a Jeep. Looks like crap to me.
well, it's simply beyond you. That's why you don't get it.
Unread 03-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yea to greasy for me.
Unread 03-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #23
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you need a good cleaner for matte wheels Chemical Guys Meticoulous black works awesome.
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #24
06Grand
2006 WK 

I tried this on mine and it was damn near impossible to remove from the chrome clad wheels I have, just a forewarning it may not work as well for everyone. I have personally always loved shined tires
Unread 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #25
No4x4Yet
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Be curious to know how this holds up.
No4x4Yet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #26
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

UPDATE: Does NOT hold up well. This stuff looks great for the first week, but the claims that it "lasts for months" and through numerous car washes is BS. Even better, they claim on the packaging that the shines gets BETTER with time. All lies. After the first rainfall the shine starts to dull A LOT. Eventually (in a matter of days) it dulls completely and makes the tire seem weird.

ALSO, it's impossible to not get the over-sprary from this stuff over EVERYTHING...especially the wheels. A complete nightmare to remove the over-spray from the wheels, it dries like a pasty glue that literally has to be scrubbed off.

Any benefit from drying "dry" is completely outweighed by all the negatives here. Much better off using traditional tire wet, even if you get a bit of spray when you drive and washing it off, then messing with this stuff that literally will be the biggest pain in the *** to remove the residue.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #27
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

YOU DON'T SAY

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #28
No4x4Yet
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the update! Sadly disappointing.
No4x4Yet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:54 AM   #29
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
YOU DON'T SAY
We can't all own a 1998 Tj lol. One day when I make enough money I will downgrade to one. You don't have to be jealous of everyone else that has a much nicer and more expensive Jeep than you do. Maybe mom and dad might buy you a newer Jeep when you graduate who knows? I'm not sure though that you could even handle a nicer Jeep because you had a 4dr JK that was way more capable than your TJ is and was stock. Why you would ever go two steps back is beyond me if anything if you like the Tj set up you should have opted for a LJ at least since you're such a hardcore offroader and all.
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:59 AM   #30
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFun View Post
UPDATE: Does NOT hold up well. This stuff looks great for the first week, but the claims that it "lasts for months" and through numerous car washes is BS. Even better, they claim on the packaging that the shines gets BETTER with time. All lies. After the first rainfall the shine starts to dull A LOT. Eventually (in a matter of days) it dulls completely and makes the tire seem weird.

ALSO, it's impossible to not get the over-sprary from this stuff over EVERYTHING...especially the wheels. A complete nightmare to remove the over-spray from the wheels, it dries like a pasty glue that literally has to be scrubbed off.

Any benefit from drying "dry" is completely outweighed by all the negatives here. Much better off using traditional tire wet, even if you get a bit of spray when you drive and washing it off, then messing with this stuff that literally will be the biggest pain in the *** to remove the residue.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
Try the Mothers back to black tire shine it don't sling and it holds the natural look for a long time. I drove in pouring rain for almost four hours and my tires still looked like new off the shelf.
16290605_large.jpg

16291637_large.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.