Swaybay help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Swaybay help

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 05-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
JohnJCody
1982 CJ5 

Swaybay help

Okay so I have a big problem. I have a 1982 CJ5 jeep and I did a leaf spring flip on it to give it a lift. Well when I did it I had to cut off one of the brackets for the sway bar. So now when I go down the road at about 20mph or more I get the death wobble extremely bad. So I need y'all's help to find out a way to fix this problem

JohnJCody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

maybe try putting a proper lift kit on it, never even heard of flipping the springs, sounds completely bass ackwards to me.

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwj04 View Post
maybe try putting a proper lift kit on it, never even heard of flipping the springs, sounds completely bass ackwards to me.
It's common with leaf springs.

OP: Please go into more detail. DW shouldn't be caused by lack of sway bar.

This is DW:

Is this what's going on, or something different?

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
JohnJCody
1982 CJ5 

Yea mine does that, just not as extreme and another thing is that the steering was extremely loose after we lifted it and ill make it clear we did a proper lift we are mechanics we have lifted a number of trucks but I tighten up the steering and is still does the wobble A little bit when I get to about 30-35 mph. And one thing is that it likes to pull off to the left and right by it's self and it does it pretty strongly and i don't know if it's cause by the sway bar or not.
JohnJCody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Quote:
It's common with leaf springs.
Well ya learn something new everyday haha, now I feel like a a-hole, sorry op.

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.