Street Section Competition!!! *prizes* - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Street Section Competition!!! *prizes*

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
SuperStreetJeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Street Section Competition!!! *prizes*

the competition is called:
"The 1st semi-annual N20Jeep Street Jeep King Competition"

in an effort to add a little "ummph" to the street section. i have decided to host another competition. I tried this a while back, but it did not get hardly any participants. so if this competition has a good showing then future competitions will be added with more classes and better prizes

so, heres the deal. i will be giving away paid memberships to the fastest jeeps (or equal value if you already have a lifetime membership). Now dont get your hopes up if you dont think you can hang with "prostreet". there will be 3 categories. and the quickest times in each class will recieve the paid membership.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JULY/1/2009

the 3 classes are as follows:

Pro Mod (Fastest Jeep)- Any model jeep is allowed and there is no limit to performance modifications. basically it is a free for all. Big V8's, turbochargers, nitrous, ect are all allowed. completely open class, so all forms of tires and suspension are accepted. no restrictions

Pro Stock - Fastest jeep with factory jeep block. Jeeps must have the same engine block as equipped from the factory. This means if your jeep came with 5.9L then that is the same style block you must run and the same for the other models of jeeps. all aftermarket stroker kits, heads, or any performance and forced inductions parts are allowed. all suspension and tires setups are allowed. the only restriction is the engine block

Open 4.0- Fastest Jeep with the 4.0 Based motor. All performance mods are allowed as long as the engine block is still a 4.0 based block. this means you CAN have stroker kits, turbochargers, nitrous, aftermarket heads, ect. ALL tire and suspension mods are allowed

ENTRY
now to determine the winner of each class you must have a valid timeslip from a dragstrip. the timeslip will only be accepted if the date is between March 15th/2009 - July 1st/2009. No timeslips before march 15th or after july 1st will be accepted.

to qualify you must be able to present a valid timeslip and a picture of your jeep at the track showing the car # written on the window (they do this at all dragstrips)

if you are questioned about your modifications you must be able to provide picture proof if asked

COMPETITION ENDS JULY 1ST SO GET MOVIN!!

Last edited by SuperStreetJeep; 03-18-2009 at 11:57 AM..
SuperStreetJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

ill get in on that. weds/nite test and tune starts after the 28th in gainesville for me.
i just checked and it starts on the 25th in gainesville.
now building "prostreetjeep II"

Last edited by pro street jeep; 03-17-2009 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: correction
pro street jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
AdamJ
2002 WJ 

The only problem with this is that your first two classes can easily be had by a couple of SRT8s.

Not too promising for any other 'street jeeps' - may I suggest in the future adding or using classifications based on engine (size) and/or major power adders...
2002 Black WJ LTD 4.7 H.O. - SCT XCal2 Perf Tune, K&N FIPK, F&B 72mm Throttle Body, 180* TStat, Custom 3" Flowmaster Super 40 & Hi-Flow Cat Exhaust, IAT Relocate, TM Removal, Addco F&R SwayBars, Eibach 1.5" Drop, Edelbrock P-IAS Shocks, Cragar Cryo D&S Fnt Rotors and PowerSlot Rr Rotors w/Hawk HPS Shoes, Black SRT8 Wheels, Goodyear GTII P275/45VR20 Tires - CarDomain Site
AdamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
SuperStreetJeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
The only problem with this is that your first two classes can easily be had by a couple of SRT8s.

Not too promising for any other 'street jeeps' - may I suggest in the future adding or using classifications based on engine (size) and/or major power adders...
i understand that, but the main reason for such few classes is lack of participation.

i suggest that if you do have a "street jeep". that you take it to the track and get a time to enter into the competition. like stated above, if there is a good show of entrees in this one (whether they are fast or slow), then the next one will have more classes.
Unread 03-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
SuperStreetJeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

basically, if i see a good showing of certain setups or vehicles, then i will add that class

Example: if i have like 10 4.7L WJ's entering then i will setup a class tailored to them
Unread 03-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
AdamJ
2002 WJ 

SSJ - that sounds good! and no disrespect was intended, I like the idea and hope to have a couple of runs in by July 1.
2002 Black WJ LTD 4.7 H.O. - SCT XCal2 Perf Tune, K&N FIPK, F&B 72mm Throttle Body, 180* TStat, Custom 3" Flowmaster Super 40 & Hi-Flow Cat Exhaust, IAT Relocate, TM Removal, Addco F&R SwayBars, Eibach 1.5" Drop, Edelbrock P-IAS Shocks, Cragar Cryo D&S Fnt Rotors and PowerSlot Rr Rotors w/Hawk HPS Shoes, Black SRT8 Wheels, Goodyear GTII P275/45VR20 Tires - CarDomain Site
AdamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
SuperStreetJeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro street jeep View Post
ill get in on that. weds/nite test and tune starts on the 28th in gainesville for me.
lol...you gonna set the curve for everyone else?
Unread 03-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

well as far as v8 class i may be the only cherokee up against all the grands if they try so thats fair. maybe add a open 4.0 class
Unread 03-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #9
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

I looking into a few mods for my compass ( my streetjeep/daily driver) But I question if I could even come close to winning. So shouldnt there be a 4banger section for the MKs and the people who use wranglers as street jeeps?
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #10
SuperStreetJeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro street jeep View Post
well as far as v8 class i may be the only cherokee up against all the grands if they try so thats fair. maybe add a open 4.0 class
hmmm...yea im modifying the XJ 4.0 Class to a complete 4.0 class

btw...i expecting you to represent for the XJ's against all the srt's and V8 wranglers
Unread 03-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
SuperStreetJeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa78 View Post
I looking into a few mods for my compass ( my streetjeep/daily driver) But I question if I could even come close to winning. So shouldnt there be a 4banger section for the MKs and the people who use wranglers as street jeeps?
like stated before, depending on the entries i receive for this competition, i will add new classes for future ones..

i just dont want to have like 10 classes and only 11 entries...you understand?

but, regardless of where you think you will place, you should still run your jeep at the track and submit a time. it wont hurt anything, and it will give me a basis for the next competition
Unread 03-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #12
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Yeah hopefully I wont have to fight so hard to run . I still going to do it as I am curious, what she can do I going to take her over tommarow to a place just to get a feel for stock time and then upgrade her since all hte parts are now here.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #13
SuperStreetJeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

alex im still waiting for your input on this thread....

need to see that slow 2wd run at the track
Unread 03-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #14
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStreetJeep View Post
alex im still waiting for your input on this thread....

need to see that slow 2wd run at the track
we all know it is slow
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #15
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

ok so for the first entry. weds nite i went to gainesville. i didnt pass tech so i couldnt run faster than 12.00s so as luck may have it. ill start with this and see how long it stays. best pass 12.231 @104.35mph. i cut a .041 r/t and a 1.560 60ft time. my friend said i pulled the front tires about 10ins so now wheelie bars are in my future. my pics and time slips are on myspace follow my link below and look in "at the track" photo book. also if your on myspace send a req,
why i failed tech. i have to replace my 5 point harness and put safty blow down tubes on my nitrous bottles. this i have ordered so ill be ready for anyone that beats me!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.