Street Jeep Pic Sticky - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Street Jeep Pic Sticky

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-20-2006, 05:08 PM   #151
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n20jeep
F-U....

a couple of those are just screen shots from my ****tty video camera
ok....i guess that will fly

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 11:08 PM   #152
-XJguy-
1992 XJ Cherokee 

The best I can do is show the built up 2.8 before the blower and N20:

Navigator for Team#11 Hurst/Olds on Spike TV's Bullrun. The real winners.
-XJguy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 12:52 AM   #153
bigsky89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

hey XJ guy if you dont mind me askin how did you get booted off naxja?
lo tho i wheel through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no obsticle, for my jeep is with me. thy armour and tires, they comfort me. you lead me to lay down rubber on big rocks, and drive you through deep waters.
you prepare a place for me at the end of tough trails, and you anoint my driveway with oil. surely your awesomeness and the smell of burning motor oil will follow me all of the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the jeep forever. amen.
bigsky89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #154
IVIYTH0S
1993 XJ Cherokee 

who would build up a 2.8L, i had that engine in my MJ it was a nightmare and terrible in everyway, power, speed, workability there is nothing that put a worse taste in my mouth for GM then that engine as for the other jeeps above, N20 i like your jeeps, especially the one with the police strobes in that one video, the red one looks like a new verson of my XJ and the blue one with the racing stripes is a really good street jeep
IVIYTH0S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 09:48 AM   #155
-XJguy-
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky89
hey XJ guy if you dont mind me askin how did you get booted off naxja?
Its a long story but fortunately I wrote the whole thing out at the time: http://hometown.aol.com/xjguy/myhomepage/index.html

Funny thing is I hear from others that those guys there talk about me till this day on an almost daily basis and I have been banned for over 2yrs!

Bottom line is that there was a miscommunication, and as a result some of the more influential members decided to pick on me, I am not one to take any kind of abuse sitting down so I stood up for myself and things escalated meteorically from there. Before you knew it, there were people coming out of the woodwork going against me, people who I had never even seen online previously. Those who were on my side were afraid to speak out becasue they saw how viciously the big mouths were attacking. In the end the B.O.D. took the easy way out, rather than ban 100 trouble making members, they banned me as a way to restore order and put the club back on track. Their final decision came about due to the fact that no matter what I posted, whether is be tech, a comment, anything, the trouble makers would pounce and start the flames in every single thread, they had to stop this, it was destroying the club, and many left as a result of the mess.

There were many who opposed my banning but it made no difference, some even got threatened to get banned as well! They kept (stole)my membership money and have locked me out of the site till this day. Funny thing is, many of the people who started the whole thing finally got banned as well (the club finally realized how much of a disturbance they were; a bit late)...so basically now all you have left there are the weak minded former followers of the trouble makers with little to entertain them so they talk about the days of XJguy....its pathetic.

Before NAXJA was a club it used to be called The XJForum. It was a great site very friendly, an unofficial club, the guy who was managing the site, Tom, got overwhelmed and abandoned it without notice, so some of the guys decided to form a real chartered club, that club being NAXJA with a website to replace the original XJFORUM. Soon thereafter we started to get all sorts there (for the worse), and the actual founders got a bit lewd as they got to know each other personally. The once family friendly site got not so friendly, so much so that they even had to set up a seperate forum for all the crap they were talking about.

Most of the guys that know anything on NAXJA have modified their XJs to such an extent that they arent even XJs anymore, so the only real good tech to be found there is in the archives. You will often get shot down if you try asking a newb question there. They are quick to mock JU, but I find it to be a much friendlier site with people who are more eager to learn and share experiences, the way the original XJFORUM was, and how this site seems to be for the most part.

The main problem with that place is that they all follow each other, so if you go against their grain they will all attack you until either the thread is closed or you are banned..thats the NAXJA way.

Sorry for the rant..but its a touchy subject.

XJguy

Last edited by -XJguy-; 09-21-2006 at 10:10 AM..
Unread 09-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #156
-XJguy-
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIYTH0S
who would build up a 2.8L, i had that engine in my MJ it was a nightmare and terrible in everyway, power, speed, workability there is nothing that put a worse taste in my mouth for GM then that engine as for the other jeeps above, N20 i like your jeeps, especially the one with the police strobes in that one video, the red one looks like a new verson of my XJ and the blue one with the racing stripes is a really good street jeep
Actually the deficiencies in the engine are easily worked out. Jeep and GM campaigned these engines successfully, producing over 400 reliable HP using a stock Corvette exhaust, custom sheetmetal intake manifold with a Weber tri carb setup, along with Chevy SB internals and a bunch of other hot rodding tricks.

My reason was simply to keep the vehicle capable of passing visual emissions.
Unread 09-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #157
Bryson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -XJguy-
Actually the deficiencies in the engine are easily worked out. Jeep and GM campaigned these engines successfully, producing over 400 reliable HP using a stock Corvette exhaust, custom sheetmetal intake manifold with a Weber tri carb setup, along with Chevy SB internals and a bunch of other hot rodding tricks.

My reason was simply to keep the vehicle capable of passing visual emissions.
Looks like a great build man! :beer:

99 chilipepper red XJ: Race car tow rig. Turbo project in the works.

Head of Core production - www.CortekSystems.com
Owner of Boostwerks.com
Website in development.
Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 03:41 PM   #158
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

boy oh boy what i could do to your 1990 xj n20jeep. you guys can click the link to see my gallery. i put some pic up off my new 01 wj.
now building "prostreetjeep II"
pro street jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #159
Twsty
1988 MJ Comanche 

pro street- i love this pic!

http://www.prostreetjeep.com/Album5/DSC00707.html
Twsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #160
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSymphony
thanks the whole front is easy to take off to work on it better.
now building "prostreetjeep II"
pro street jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #161
nickh007
1998 XJ Cherokee 

heres my jeep. not alot done to it yet except the wheels, 2 in. blocks, lots of inner fender trimming, repainted all the plastic trim, oh yeah and the badass sound system.

Unread 09-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #162
Rasta_Coty

bro im loving the 20's, for some reason i love rims on the cherokee...making me want to spend my money on a pair...
[SIZE="1"]1996 Jeep Cherokee || 4.5 in. RC || 4.0 liter I-6 high output || 33 x 12.50 BFG All Terrain T/A KO, 16x8 American Racing rims || Rusty's Air Tube w/ K&N 9in. Cone Filter || Throttle Body Spacer || Bored TB || Flowmaster Regular 40 || 99+ Intake Manifold Swap || Auto Meter (Trans Temp. | Water Temp. | Volt) Gauges || Pioneer 5800 HU || Hifonics 1606 Amp || (2) Kicker Comp Cvr 15's || 1/0ga. wiring || Vented box || Yellow Top || Tranny Cooler || Bushwackers || [/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="3"][url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2218603[/url] Updated 2/4/07[/SIZE][/B]
Rasta_Coty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #163
n20jeep
Web Wheeler
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro street jeep
boy oh boy what i could do to your 1990 xj n20jeep.

n20jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #164
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasta_Coty
bro im loving the 20's, for some reason i love rims on the cherokee...making me want to spend my money on a pair...
Coty post some pics of your xj...i know you have some
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #165
Ivanito
1996 ZJ 

I hate Kansas....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...77#post4664677
Ivanito is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.