So i got a little ticket. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > So i got a little ticket.

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #16
white98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticcat843
find out where he lives and burn his house down
X2

Unread 02-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #17
SuperStreetJeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I have no cat and no muffler, and i drove by atleast 8 cops at WOT in 2nd gear on the way home and they didnt do anything .. maybe they just dont like you?
Unread 02-07-2007, 05:27 AM   #18
n20jeep
Web Wheeler
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro street jeep
fight it. if he pulled you over for spinning your tires that what the ticket should be for. not sound ordinance.
thats a bad idea, atleast down here in Florida...

spinning your tires down here is considered "highway racing" and has an automatic court date, along with large fines, big points, and possible criminal charges(jail time) if it is not your first offence...

i would pay the damn sound ticket and shut my mouth....
n20jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #19
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n20jeep
thats a bad idea, atleast down here in Florida...

spinning your tires down here is considered "highway racing" and has an automatic court date, along with large fines, big points, and possible criminal charges(jail time) if it is not your first offence...

i would pay the damn sound ticket and shut my mouth....
dang that sucks.... I would think that spinning your tires in snow would fall under the failure to controll, rather than racing. but it all depends on the cop and his mood at the time.

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #20
SuperStreetJeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

in snow maybe but n20jeep is right .. as far as florida is concerned and since it doesnt snow here we cant use that excuse.
Unread 02-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #21
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

when i had my wrangler (drag jeep too) a FHP was next to me stopped at a light. he was looking at me when the light turned green i launced it but not to hard and didnt go over the seed limit (55) and he did nothing. not for sound or excessive acceleration.
now building "prostreetjeep II"
pro street jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #22
alexrule123
What's a c-clip?

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStreetJeep
in snow maybe but n20jeep is right .. as far as florida is concerned and since it doesnt snow here we cant use that excuse.
but what if it is raining....haha
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #23
79bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott96xj
he didnt measure it. He pretty much pulled me over said where am i coming from, and asked me why i peeled out coming out of a off ramp, which i replied by saying its pretty slippery and its snowing out. then he went to his car for l;ike 10 minutes probably trying to find a reason to ticket me. Then he asked about my exhaust and i just said its legal, he made me tap the gas and he said it wasnt, i giggled.

**** him, im going to court.

It was a citation for 100
Do this BEFORE you go to court if it's not too much work...

- Take a picture of your exhaust...try to make it one long shot so you can see your cat AND muffler in the same shot.

- If you recently had an emissions inspection (with the *new* exhaust on) then bring that.

- Print off the Rusty's add for the exhaust kit you bought, receipt too if you have it.

- Print of the specs of the Flowmaster muffler (from the Flowmaster site).

- Take a few pics of the scene where you "peeled out", or "lost traction" as you should phrase it....(i.e. take pics of the ice/snow by the on ramp...if there is none...well improvise, then take pic). Tell the judge your “vehicle is older and is not equipped with electronic traction control or a mechanical limited slip differential” -- so it is "unpredictable at times in bad weather."

If you show up in court will all of that info and respectfully (i.e. wear a tie) present it to the judge then he will throw it out no prob. If you show up all pissed off and mad at the arse-hole cop that decided to F with you that day, then better bring your check book b/c the judge will stand up for the cop. That’s just how it works.
2000 Cherokee Sport 4x4 :(
2004 Discovery :(
2003 F-150 4x4
79bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #24
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

^ what he said.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #25
scott96xj

As of 4/24 the ticket was dismissed.

It was my first ticket so that was the cops excuse for letting it go. I showed him all the flowmaster stuff and he proceded to say that just because they sell it doesn't mean its legal.

whatever, i'm just paranoid whenever i drive by cops now.
scott96xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #26
kingofthehill
1990 XJ Cherokee 

my brother got a ticket on his CBR for a big burnout but it was a "display of acceleration" ticket
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #27
seanyb505
1997 XJ Cherokee 

When I was 16 and got tickets all the time I had to think that cops were just doing their job. I hear all these stories and Im like wow these cops must not have anything to do ever. In west palm if youre not shooting someone or running people over cops dont care what you do

Projected date of completion - lol

www.jeepstrokers.com
seanyb505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #28
bjplunk
1996 XJ Cherokee 

a couple of nights ago, the cops decided to pull me over because i was "riding the double yellow down the whole street." he then proceeded to illegally search my car after i stated that he should not search it. his reason was, i smell reefer. depending on the judge it would have been thrown out, but lucky for me, he just tossed what i had in the car and gave me a written warning...

as i was walking back to my car, he said to me: "ive seen your jeep around, so watch it."

(i live down the street)
bjplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #29
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

So He didnt find your stash eh?

The only ticket i ever got was for speeding 45 in a 30. I was in a unknown town and there was ALOT of traffic (7 lane road) I was in the wrong lane so i sped up to get were i needed to be....It was my fault.....The cop was a *******, but he only wrote it for 5 over which was good because 15 over is recless driving and a loss of liences. (even tho i was 15 and only had a permit) I just paid it and let it go, There was no point in fighting it, I broke the law and got caught.

Now at almost 18 my insurance is terrable, Like 2 grand a year or maybe a little more. But it will only stay 3 years so it should be off my record soon
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #30
bjplunk
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticcat843
So He didnt find your stash eh?
he found it, but all that was left at that point was half a bowl pack, so he took the bowl and let me off

edit: which makes him a good guy in my book

Last edited by bjplunk; 05-04-2007 at 11:48 AM..
bjplunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.