Originally Posted by scott96xj
he didnt measure it. He pretty much pulled me over said where am i coming from, and asked me why i peeled out coming out of a off ramp, which i replied by saying its pretty slippery and its snowing out. then he went to his car for l;ike 10 minutes probably trying to find a reason to ticket me. Then he asked about my exhaust and i just said its legal, he made me tap the gas and he said it wasnt, i giggled.
**** him, im going to court.
It was a citation for 100
Do this BEFORE you go to court if it's not too much work...
- Take a picture of your exhaust...try to make it one long shot so you can see your cat AND muffler in the same shot.
- If you recently had an emissions inspection (with the *new* exhaust on) then bring that.
- Print off the Rusty's add for the exhaust kit you bought, receipt too if you have it.
- Print of the specs of the Flowmaster muffler (from the Flowmaster site).
- Take a few pics of the scene where you "peeled out", or "lost traction" as you should phrase it....(i.e. take pics of the ice/snow by the on ramp...if there is none...well improvise, then take pic). Tell the judge your “vehicle is older and is not equipped with electronic traction control or a mechanical limited slip differential” -- so it is "unpredictable at times in bad weather."
If you show up in court will all of that info and respectfully (i.e. wear a tie) present it to the judge then he will throw it out no prob. If you show up all pissed off and mad at the arse-hole cop that decided to F with you that day, then better bring your check book b/c the judge will stand up for the cop. That’s just how it works.