slammed (to the rockers) 88 cherokee :eek: - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > slammed (to the rockers) 88 cherokee :eek:

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 01-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #16
optimusprime11
1996 TJ Wrangler 

So...what's it supposed to do?

optimusprime11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #17
XJ4oh
1997 XJ Cherokee 

What an abomination...

My neighbor has a 100% FREAKING MINT Comanche, 5 speed & 4.0. I would LOVE to get my hands on it... lower it, stroke it, and put a damn working limited slip in the back and have a little terrorising street truck.
Baja Aux. Lighting.
Green Jeep Club #185, Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #1
'04 WJ - Columbia Edition - 4.7HO 2WD
XJ4oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #18
taylorcraftbc65

WELL guys, I really HATE to bust your bubble, but I have an XJ, that in profile, looks like the MJ, with about the same ground clearance as the one in the photo. What's it good for? If it had the six cylinder in it, the same thing that MINE's good for. It is an Endurance Road Racer!! We have an enture division of road racing that is built STRICTLY around AFFORDABLE cars and trucks. It is called the ChumpCar world series. We take old beaters out of towing yards, junk yards, and Sheriff's auctions for 500 dollars or less, put about 1.500 dollars of NASCAR style race cages, and other safety gear into them, and we get to race them on some of the FINEST race tracks in the Country. Tracks like Road America, Virginia International Raceway, Sebring, Hallett, Portland International Raceway, Texas World Speedway, tracks like that. Anything that you put on the car to build it up must come off a junkyard, the 4.0 that is in my 87 XJ has the crank and rods from a 258 in it, taking it from 243 C.I., to 283 C.I., the lighter 2WD front end, and a 904 transmission. with a spring under Dana 44 with a 3.54 Limited Slip. It's VERY useful to ME. (I also have a 1990 Jacked YJ with 31-10.50's on it that I play with out on the west Texas deserts). Brie
taylorcraftbc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #19
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorcraftbc65 View Post
WELL guys, I really HATE to bust your bubble, but I have an XJ, that in profile, looks like the MJ, with about the same ground clearance as the one in the photo. What's it good for? If it had the six cylinder in it, the same thing that MINE's good for. It is an Endurance Road Racer!! We have an enture division of road racing that is built STRICTLY around AFFORDABLE cars and trucks. It is called the ChumpCar world series. We take old beaters out of towing yards, junk yards, and Sheriff's auctions for 500 dollars or less, put about 1.500 dollars of NASCAR style race cages, and other safety gear into them, and we get to race them on some of the FINEST race tracks in the Country. Tracks like Road America, Virginia International Raceway, Sebring, Hallett, Portland International Raceway, Texas World Speedway, tracks like that. Anything that you put on the car to build it up must come off a junkyard, the 4.0 that is in my 87 XJ has the crank and rods from a 258 in it, taking it from 243 C.I., to 283 C.I., the lighter 2WD front end, and a 904 transmission. with a spring under Dana 44 with a 3.54 Limited Slip. It's VERY useful to ME. (I also have a 1990 Jacked YJ with 31-10.50's on it that I play with out on the west Texas deserts). Brie
pics?
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #20
bootht99
1990 XJ Cherokee 

i like the comanche actually, but not the xj! if I had a little 2wd truck, I wouldnt mind making it a street truck, as long as it was still usefull, and done tastefully. None of this "cut the **** out of the truck bed so i can slam it down ontop of the axle" crap.
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #10
bootht99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #21
taylorcraftbc65

When I am finished with it, my road racing XJ will LOOK like an MJ that has had the bulkhead behind the seat cut out, and the tailgate removed. I will be cutting the roof and all the pillars off, that are aft of the main hoop of the roll cage. Brie
Unread 05-31-2011, 06:56 AM   #22
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorcraftbc65 View Post
When I am finished with it, my road racing XJ will LOOK like an MJ that has had the bulkhead behind the seat cut out, and the tailgate removed. I will be cutting the roof and all the pillars off, that are aft of the main hoop of the roll cage. Brie
no pics?

so pretty much you just responded to a 3 year old thread for nothing?
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 04:01 AM   #23
taylorcraftbc65

I'll load pics up tomorrow after I finish one more thing on the Jeep. They will start with the thing the way that I got it, and then go through ripping the RENIX injection off, then pulling the wiring out, then the interior, the glass, switching a 2WD front axle for the 4WD front axle, pulling the rear hatch off,
and then cutting off the rear portion of the roof, and pillars. The Jeep will sit pretty nose down, becauese I cut a turn and a half out of the front springs, but have not converted the Dana 44 rear axle to spring under yet. Brie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive View Post
no pics?

so pretty much you just responded to a 3 year old thread for nothing?
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #24
cody4359
1987 MJ Comanche 

the bagged cherokee is kinda cool. alot of you guys just think oh its not lifted its gay, but i can appreciate the work that people put into their rig regardless of what it is. it didnt look like the best quality work, but its under construction so now seeing as that comanche is 2wd, itd be pretty sweet on bags and having 505 performance turbo kit
cody4359 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.