Road trip in my wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Road trip in my wrangler

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Road trip in my wrangler

So I am a college student and I want to go somewhere for my spring break. I live in MA and plan to go to SC. I have a 97 wrangler 4 cyl manual, with 109,000 for miles. I bought the jeep with 98,000 and I haven't had any problems with my jeep at all. I have a 2 inch spacer lift and 31' mud tires. I have stock tires in my garage that I can put on if it will make a big difference. I don't mind the noise from the soft top. I'm putting a new radiator in and new hoses next week along with an oil change. Should I be worried about anything? Risky trip for a broke college student? I have no idea what my gas mileage is, I don't pay much attention to that..Thanks!

wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
TJLover99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Why SC? Virginia Beach is pretty fun around spring break and it's a shorter drive.
Gas is going to kill you. Is it just you going or are you bringing some friends? If you are space is gonna be tight. You should get some ear plugs for the road noise. (and maybe a brick for your "cruise control")
As far as The Jeep goes it should be fine, the 2.5 is known to run for more than 250,000 mi. Just change all of your fluids before you roll.
Unread 02-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLover99 View Post
Why SC? Virginia Beach is pretty fun around spring break and it's a shorter drive.
Gas is going to kill you. Is it just you going or are you bringing some friends? If you are space is gonna be tight. You should get some ear plugs for the road noise. (and maybe a brick for your "cruise control")
As far as The Jeep goes it should be fine, the 2.5 is known to run for more than 250,000 mi. Just change all of your fluids before you roll.
SC because the friend that I'm going down there with has a friend who lives there so it would be a free place to stay! It's just me and her so there will be enough space. It's only for a week.
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.