Recommendation anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Recommendation anyone?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
drsekelsky

Recommendation anyone?

So I just bought my first Wrangler, a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I didn't go with a Rubicon cause I don't see myself needing lockers or swaybar disconnects. I'm looking for reccomendations on a 2" lift so I can fit 33" semi aggressive offroad tires. I'm looking for that offroad look but I do not plan on taking this thing wheeling. But if I wanted to go through a mild trail I do not want any problems with breakage, bind, or premature wear on any parts. I also do not want a stiff ride as this will be on the street 98% of the time. I know this is a tall order but which is my best option as there are many to choose from. Cost is not extremely important as I'd rather pay for something that will last and not prematurly wear out the jeep. Are coil spacers the best option, or a suspension lift? Which ones? Do I use the factory shocks with extensions or aftermarket? Are any addtional parts needed to prevent wear on other items? like extended brake lines? any drop brackets? modification or extensions for any steering components? steering stablizer parts? Please provide any and all information as I am new to the Jeep world. Thanks!

jeep-hard-top.jpg   jeep-soft-top.jpg  
drsekelsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'd recommend a 2" lift by Old Man Emu, they are know for the best ride quality. As long as you stay under 3", you won't really need to modify any other components, although they will help. I would not recommend shock extensions. Even if its a spacer lift, get new shocks. If I were you, I wouldn't even mod it. Jeeps are pretty capable on their own. If you're not going to wheel it, buy a Land Rover and give me the JK

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
drsekelsky

Thanks for the input but I am going to lift it as I want the look. I just spent over $30k so I'm not looking to trash it in the woods yet. As far as a land rover goes..... I don't buy imports
drsekelsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.