Racing my friends Mustang. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Racing my friends Mustang.

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-23-2009, 04:36 AM   #91
01CHEEKEE
2004 KJ Liberty 

lmmfao @ chirpin all the way THROUGH 4th gear...you have to be ****tin me...

this thread is full of win...

01CHEEKEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #92
thestanger
2003 TJ Wrangler 

why would anyone own a v-6 automatic mustang that is the real question
thestanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #93
AUSHii
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Every one these days seems to have mustangs, and why would you even want a V6 Auto at least get a V8 5 speed.
AUSHii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #94
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Im currenty planing my super charged V8/5 speed swap for my Mustang build for this summer, the V6 is horrible and I have an auto. But I bought it for 700 bucks, so I have a good base to do with it what I want. hopefully by mid summer I will have it out on the strip or track breaking it in.

In regards to this thread, you will smoke him unless you cant drive a auto.
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #95
Chuckwagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerace View Post
It is amazing how full of **** some people in this thread are.

Hey pal, why don't you do a little research before you go blindly bashing somebody? If you could pull your head out of your *** long to do the math, you would CLEARLY see that:

Assuming the average text book is 2-3 lbs..

400 lbs / 2.5 = 160

So you see, he could have easily had 160 books in his car.

Grow up you nincompoop.
Once upon a time, there was a Bear and a Bee who lived in a wood and were the best of friends. All summer long, the Bee collected nectar from morning to night while the Bear lay on his back basking in the long grass. When winter came the Bear realised he had nothing to eat and thought to himself "I hope that busy little Bee will share some of his honey with me." But the Bee was nowhere to be found - he had died of a stress induced coronary disease. [URL="http://www.banksy.co.uk"]-Banksy[/URL]

[QUOTE=jeep-kuwait;9043889]What do you do for me so I just wanted to show you my car Kuwait with the group and thank you for your responses which would break the oars of hope[/QUOTE]
Chuckwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #96
kbfunTH
1989 YJ Wrangler 

so if you raced a mustang and lost, would you even admit it on here without excuses? just curious.
Acts 4:12
kbfunTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #97
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagon View Post
Hey pal, why don't you do a little research before you go blindly bashing somebody? If you could pull your head out of your *** long to do the math, you would CLEARLY see that:

Assuming the average text book is 2-3 lbs..

400 lbs / 2.5 = 160

So you see, he could have easily had 160 books in his car.

Grow up you nincompoop.
Don't go dragging me back into this lie-fest.
Unread 05-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #98
-ExDementia-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenCorax View Post
i take that back i was doing a locker found out i had 4.56 rear gears. just because your guy's jeeps arent fast doesnt mean they cant be fast. a few mods here and there. half a dozen tricks outrageous gearing. it can be done. the guy in the svt cobra i raced said i even pulled the front right tire off the ground 2 inches. at 80 my bumper was at his fender/door twice same race within a foot he had my by 1/4 car each time

ive got 33's and i dont even need 1st gear. the 2 years ive owned my jeep ive barely ever used first cept for wheeling and emberassing at stoplights. its to short to fast

oh ya i broke a rear u joint going into 3rd at 4700 rpms that was fun course i had 400 pounds of books in the back and actually got traction
You would not and could not keep up with a (real) cobra, and you could NOT lift a tire with anything even close to a stock drive train.

Tire size numerically effects your final drive ratio. 4.56 gears are usually chosen for 33" tires because it puts your final drive ratio pretty close to stock. This means your gears have mostly compensated for the power loss that comes with putting on bigger tires... mostly. This doesn't take into account weight, rolling resistance, and how many fewer RPM's your tires will do @ X speed because of the increased size.

So: (I'm quoting torque here because HP is pretty much irrelevant to my point)
The first SVT Cobra made something like 320ft lbs of torque
96-98 and 99-01 were also somewhere above 300ft lbs
03-04 made something like 390 ft lbs
---------------------------------------------------------------
Your 88 made 220ft lbs at the flywheel when new... 22 years ago.

How many of these can lift a tire stock or even close to stock? None.
How many of these can spin their tires through 4th? Certainly not your Jeep...
How many of these 'stangs can your Jeep keep up with? None. (assuming the driver is somewhat close to maybe considering themselves to be almost competent behind the wheel.)

UNLESS you have some crazy mods you haven't shared with us

And just thinking about all the weird possibilities here: (necessary power mods aside)
Lets say you had some super slick, hard compound tires and actually could spin through to fourth, how would these have enough traction to lift your Jeep?

Ever notice how all those hardcore 1/4 mile guys seem to run big, soft slicks in the rear? You know the ones who actually do lift the front end off the line? They wouldn't if they had normal street tires, but I'm sure they could spin their tires through as many gears as they had. There is a trade off there with traction, you can't really get both.

DISCLAIMER: All the info above is quite possibly a load of crap and is probably going to get picked apart by someone who actually knows what they're talking about.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" [B]- George Carlin[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]Click [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php"]HERE[/URL] for the elusive search button everyone talks about.[/SIZE][/B]
-ExDementia- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #99
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead74 View Post
Yes i know. Between the Mustang owners and the 93 Civic Coupe drivers that have the airplane wing, the road is overrun by people with no sense. Now you know why we put big tires on ours.
shoot my 89 porsche 928 runs off on 4.6 stangs even 2009 4.6s my buds 5.0 beat me but he had TCS and 6 gears I have 4 lol
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #100
dcstang

This thread is funny. What's your Porche run in the 1/4? Not all mustang guys are tools, and not all 4.6L AUTO mustangs are slow. I have a 98 GT Auto Vert. Stock it ran a 15.3. Still NA, not the fastest out there but I'll beat up on a lot of cars out there. Beat a new 5.0 (it was stock, new driver but still beat it). I think it's quick... even stock it would have beat the tail lights out of my 4.0l 97 GC.
dcstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #101
HappyTrails
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Well, anything is possible. Just watch this CJ-7 eat a Ferrari.

HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #102
XJ4oh
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Have "slow" Mustang, will race ego inflated Jeep owners...

But seriously, I have "beaten" a few Mustangs with my Cherokee. They were V6 models, stock. I had more fun picking on Honduhs back when I thought it was a hotrod.
Baja Aux. Lighting.
Green Jeep Club #185, Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #1
'04 WJ - Columbia Edition - 4.7HO 2WD
XJ4oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #103
19YJ91
1997 ZJ 

Two things I have learned from this thread. I am a duchebag because I have a Mustang and I should have bought a 4.0l xj instead of a v8 Grand Cherokee because 4.0ls are the fatsest motors in the world and most powerful. I can't seem to get mine to pull the front tire off the ground....
19YJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #104
SFRautomotive
#TeamUnibody

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStreetJeep View Post
you didnt pull a tire, and a naturally aspirated 4.0 jeep is not going to be fast. especially on 33's.

and ive actually had a few quick jeep cherokees. and im almost willing to guarantee that the last one i had was faster than any other 4.0 based jeep on this forum.

i dont know why some of you feel the need to lie, but you sir, are a godd@mn liar.

SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #105
SFRautomotive
#TeamUnibody

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n20jeep View Post
lol @ this thread...just race...internet racing is wetarded.

btw...you "should" beat him without a problem
brilliant!
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.