pumping the gas and a bad fuel sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > pumping the gas and a bad fuel sensor

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
grfxfreak
1989 YJ Wrangler 

pumping the gas and a bad fuel sensor

First post -- hope you can help.

I have an 89 Wrangler that I am finally starting to fix up. One issue is that I have to pump the gas pedal 15-20 times to get it to turn over. I don't use it every day, but I wonder if there is an issue with the fuel pump or vacuum line that would require me to manually feed the carburetor.

Once it starts it runs fine.

On a related topic, my gas gauge never worked right and likely needs a new fuel sending unit -- I may as well try to fix all of it at once, but a bit green -- any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

grfxfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel gauge , fuel pump , newbie

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.