Procedure for putting in/taking out TB? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Procedure for putting in/taking out TB?

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Jeff9
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Procedure for putting in/taking out TB?

Is there a procedure written anywhere that involves taking out and replacing the throttle body? In particular, the messing with the sensors scare me. I want to get a 63mm bored one but before I do so, I'd like to know exactly whats involved.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
sharktooth
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff9
Is there a procedure written anywhere that involves taking out and replacing the throttle body? In particular, the messing with the sensors scare me. I want to get a 63mm bored one but before I do so, I'd like to know exactly whats involved.

Thanks,

Jeff
I don't know the procedure, but a Chiltons manual should tell you. I'm not even sure of what you are working with (e.g. a 1998 4.0l, a 1990 2.5l, etc). Odds are, you will get the best instructions from the manual. (I've only put on a TB as mine didn't have fuel injection to begin with.)

Joe
sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
Oizarod115

On a renix engine it's easy peasy... Just undo the 3 torx that hold the air intake tube on, the two torx that hold the IAC in (round thing on the side), unplug the TPS and then remove the 3 larger torx that hold the TB on (they're on the top of it once you undo the intake tube).

Unless I'm forgetting anything.
Unread 01-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
SilverXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Knowing your year and engine would help.

But its easy. This is for the 4.0 HO, non renix

1) Remove air intake hose from TB
2) remove 1-3 cables from TB
3) remove plugs for sensors
4) remove 4 bolts securing the TB to the intake manifold
5) transfer old sensors to new TB using a torx screw driver
6) install TB with a new gasket and reverse steps 4-1
SilverXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.