Pioneer Vs. Infinity - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Street Jeep Forum > Pioneer Vs. Infinity

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #16
Khary23
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I picked up a pair of the Infinity Reference 6.5's for the front. I think they sound great! I'm gonna pick up a pair of the Kappa 5.25's for the sound bar in a few weeks.

Khary23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #17
nickXJcherokee
1990 XJ Cherokee 

pioneer i got 8 under the seat 2 in the doors and 4 subs in the back

DIRTY OREGON BOYS OFFROAD CEO/PRESIDENT EST. 2010 REDMOND,OREGON 541
YEP 19 YEARS OLD HAD A CHEROKEE SINCE I WAS 12 AND HAVE OWNED 24 JEEPS SINCE I WAS 17? YEAH BUYING ONE BROKEN XJ AT A TIME AND SENDING THEM BACK ON THE ROAD AND OFF :) BRING IT ON CASH FOR CLUNKERS!
nickXJcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #18
unlimitedlj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

No comparison the only thing that comes close are Alpine type x's but, other than that Kappa's rock.
unlimitedlj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #19
Anthen27
1999 TJ Wrangler 

for the best sound quality....try MB quart, they are one of the best
Anthen27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #20
unlimitedlj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

MB Quart isn't bad but, don't have the frequency responce and tweeter detail Infinity Kappa's have.
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #21
Anthen27
1999 TJ Wrangler 

really the kappas are that good these days? It's been a few years for me but I guess I have to get down to the car audio shop and have a listen..........
Anthen27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #22
unlimitedlj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well I have always liked Infinity for Speakers because they have such good detail and a natural sound to them. Plus the Kappas use voice matched crossover's for flawless integration with the mid range and are two ohmn to extract the most power out of your amp. When it comes to Amps and head units I think Alpine can't be beat.
Unread 12-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #23
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

MB quartz was the brand a few years back before they were bought out.

If you have the money, go JL Audio. I've had just about every brand and the clarity is pretty amazing. I also have a W7 in a ported box to a 1000/1v2 and it's louder than most people with 2 or 3 12's.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #24
Azalin_00
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino
MB quartz was the brand a few years back before they were bought out.

If you have the money, go JL Audio. I've had just about every brand and the clarity is pretty amazing. I also have a W7 in a ported box to a 1000/1v2 and it's louder than most people with 2 or 3 12's.
I would have to respectfully disagree, JL is so over priced for what it does. I doubt you've heard all the brands out there cause brands like Rainbow, ID ext, Zed Audio, etc, are all brands that in my opinion surpass JL and for a reasonable price. JL makes really good amps, but like I said before even their subs are wayyyy to over priced. I've heard the W7 13.5 and the W6 12s and for the price I was highly disappointed so I doubt it's louder than 2 or 3 12s.
My Jeep
Azalin_00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #25
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalin_00

I would have to respectfully disagree, JL is so over priced for what it does. I doubt you've heard all the brands out there cause brands like Rainbow, ID ext, Zed Audio, etc, are all brands that in my opinion surpass JL and for a reasonable price. JL makes really good amps, but like I said before even their subs are wayyyy to over priced. I've heard the W7 13.5 and the W6 12s and for the price I was highly disappointed so I doubt it's louder than 2 or 3 12s.
I would have to respectfully say that your not disagreeing their quality, you are disagreeing their price. I'm positive you've never heard every brand out there because their are many that pop up and shut down. It depends on what you want - yes their are louder subs for cheaper- not many can hit the deep lows of the 13.5W7 and maintain the quality and reliability.

I have heard many brands and owned many brands. Not sure if rainbow audio is cheap these days, but I had their components a few years back in my car and that was a really quality set and also rather expensive.

So if you are arguing they are expensive - yes. If you are arguing their quality is inferior to MANY other brands - no.

Every installer I've ever talked to can recommend this brand or that brand that I've never heard of that will outperform JL. While it is possible that this no name company can for 1/4 of the price, JL is proven and I'll pay the extra money for the peace of mind that I won't be ripping my car/jeep apart 3, 4, and 5 times to replace stuff and that it can handle the beating I put my audio equipment through.

Like I said, some are louder. Hell, I could go to the swap shop and buy 20 12" subs and amps for the price of 1 13W7. It would probably crack the windshield and flex the roof a good 3". But their pieces of garbage, NOT made in the US, and will break after a few weeks. Same goes with Penn fishing reels. I'll pay the extra $40 for a reel knowing it was manufactured here in the US.
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #26
Azalin_00
1997 ZJ 

Sorry but JL subs dont do anything special for what it cost. U right there are cheap subs out there that are made over seas and really aren't worth more than the materials used to manufacture them. Most installers do recommend JL, either because of their profit margin, because people pay $700 per used sub. Another reason installers recommend is because they have never heard or dealt with anything better. I'm currently running a 15" RD Audio Heavyweight, they handle between 3000 and 4000 watts rms and absolutely murder the lows with little to no distortion and made in the USA. It's funny though because no installer I've talked to has even heard of RD even though RD holds many WORLD records in spl while having superb sq. RD is just ONE example of at least a dozen quality subs that are out there that are half the price of JL.
My Jeep
Azalin_00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #27
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

I was saying most installers don't recommend JL and always have a company that will pwn them. They make no money from the sale, the sales rep does.
Unread 01-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #28
TPuls
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's gotta be Infinity all the way. I've had them in multiple vehicles and they always sound great. Stick with the Kappa series and you won't be sorry.
())-○-())-○-))
TPuls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.